Ok, so today I finally got to head over to Guitar Center to check out some amps that yall had recommended to me... I took my guitar and played each amp alone and with a EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost as that will probably be the distortion box I go with when I get a new amp... Well after looking at several amp models I got to try out a Windsor Studio and I think that it is perfect for the tones I want... With the Metal Muff it nails the 80's lead metal tones almost perfectly and I could dial it down to bedroom levels with ease thanks to the attenuator...

Now, Im not to good at reviewing gear so sorry that this wasn't too much into detail, I just dont know what yall would care to know about the amp... So.. lol

But yeah, so thanks to everyone who gave me some help on looking for amps....
Did you try the head as well? I own the head, and it sure might not be the most versatile amp on the market, but with a new set of tubes and a decent cab (NOT the Windsor one!) it sounds phenomenal. When I tried the Studio I was sorely disappointed. If you have an attenuator I would go that route, but that's just me.
Well I have a Tube Screamer and I may keep it, but at lower volumes I couldnt get a tone that I was really happy with for practice levels... But I could get a good practice tone with the Metal Muff...

But I can't just go with a half stack because this is going to be my amp that I lug to and from school almost every day for my music classes...
Quote by music_mike
Well I have a Tube Screamer and I may keep it, but at lower volumes I couldnt get a tone that I was really happy with for practice levels... But I could get a good practice tone with the Metal Muff...

But I can't just go with a half stack because this is going to be my amp that I lug to and from school almost every day for my music classes...

That's sounds like a pretty nice set up to me.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

If you can get a good tone with the Metal Muff that you like, then go for it. The TubeScreamer may be tried and true, but that doesn't mean the tone will be yours.....just someone else's before you, and that gets boring to hear the same tone with the same gear over and over without experimenting or changing it up, imo.

I have to agree, though, that the Windsor head with a different cab can sound spectacular, and WAY different from the combo. I feel that they should have named the combo something else entirely, instead of associating it with the Windsor. They're really two different animals.
Yeah, I mean I like the TS but it seems like everyone does have one in their rig these days... Which isn't really a bad thing, but I just don't really want to sound or look like everyone else... I think that's one reason that I like the Windsor Studio so much, cause not many people are using them, it seems...

But I have been told that the Windsor head is the best way to go, but I need the portability of a combo... But I wish I could have bought the head cause I heard that they are pretty reminiscent of the Marshall JCM's. But the combo version, while I haven't tried it against the head version, does seem to be fairly British sounding... It gets a really nice dirty blues tone just by turning it on with no pedals, and I love that cause I tend to jam a lot to blues and such... And I think that, stock, the amp sounds really good... So I think that it will suit me very nicely...