I could be totally wrong, but at least I made the comparison. I do dislike Panic At The Disco and I do love The Beatles but the songs even share the same alarm clock ringing...

Nine In The Afternoon by Panic At The Disco-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_PkNj5saI

Just listen to the beginning and once the alarm clock rings stop.

A Day In The Life by The Beatles-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZez_k4vAzU

Go to 2:08 or so.

Am I the only one? Although the melody of the vocals is completely different the music is so close. I understand that music gets recycled a lot sometimes but they're trying too much to seem like The Beatles, please see if I'm right or wrong. When my girlfriend showed me their new album we talked about how they sounded like The Beatles but this shocked me.

tl;dr

PANIC AT THE DISCO COPIED THE BEATLES CLICK LINKS AND COMPARE.
Last edited by rudiecantfail92 at Dec 28, 2008,
I honestly wouldent doubt it.
Quote by Draken
lulz is a stupid term used by rectal dwelling wart children.
It's called referencing your influences. With someone like the Beatles, it's more considered paying homage than stealing.
I understand it can be taken that way but personally I feel that it's more copying than paying your respects to them. In the music video they dress similarly to The Beatles in their Sgt Pepper get ups
Quote by Le_Bunny
While seeing them play that on TV, I got this overwhelming sense of the Beatles (didn't know how to phrase that eloquently excuse me pleaseth). Maybe I'm hearing what you are.

That period and style of music was their biggest influence on the new album

Stfu, I'm a PATD fan, cuase of the new album, it's a quite well made pop album.
No

You're all wrong

The Beatles, being the genius's they were, went FORWARD IN TIME, and sampled from Fall Out Boy...

Or maybe im just tired...
Quote by crazy8rgood
No

You're all wrong

The Beatles, being the genius's they were, went FORWARD IN TIME, and sampled from Fall Out Boy...

Your tired, considering you got the band wrong. haha
Quote by Draken
lulz is a stupid term used by rectal dwelling wart children.
Don't get me wrong, I used to like Panic At The Disco but I felt that the new album wasn't really them. Oh well, just an opinion.
Quote by Mythmaster30
Your tired, considering you got the band wrong. haha

Oh, your right, its Panic at the Disco, not Fall Out Boy....

Wait, there's a difference?
Quote by original=punk
That period and style of music was their biggest influence on the new album

Stfu, I'm a PATD fan, cuase of the new album, it's a quite well made pop album.

Yeah, I'm aware, I'm just saying it can be an influence without sounding uncannily similar.

No need to get defensive.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Oh, your right, its Panic at the Disco, not Fall Out Boy....

Wait, there's a difference?

sigged
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by crazy8rgood
No

You're all wrong

EDIT: Damn i slow
Last edited by ~Moby Dick~ at Dec 28, 2008,
You know I've heard that song, NHL 09's soundtrack really puts a downer on the game. Except for the Millencollin song.

Also if they stole a "sample" then it's Sampling, not stealing.

Quote by crazy8rgood
No

You're all wrong

Why do so many of my favorite bands have time machines.
The Beatles, Pearl Jam, Tool, Metallica, Megadeth.
What could they possible use them for!?
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Last edited by monkeysintheday at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by rudiecantfail92
I doubt it's a homage. It's like stealing the riff from Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.

Yes, a random alarm clock sample totally = a guitar riff.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Alright I think I figured it out

The Beatles used their time machine to sample from Panic at the Disco. God knows why.

Pearl Jam uses theirs to stop them from aging ever.

Tool uses theirs to change world events, like World War II, you know Hitler won before Tool came around.

Metallica used theirs to go back to get Dave Mustaine's material.

Megdeth used theirs to try to get Dave Mustaine's material only to find Metallica out that Metallica had left Cliff Burton behind to fend them off.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by blue_strat
It's called referencing your influences. With someone like the Beatles, it's more considered paying homage than stealing.

I'll go with this.

I'm a fan of PATD. Their second album is great. Much better than their first.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by rudiecantfail92
Don't get me wrong, I used to like Panic At The Disco but I felt that the new album wasn't really them. Oh well, just an opinion.

You liked the obviously mtv crowd tailored first album and don't like the one where they actually got to perform their own music?

I HATED PATD when they first showed up, I love the new album tho.

EDIT:

Just listened to the time you pointed out: Its a repetition of the same chord over and over on a piano. Really one of the most basic things you can do. I don't see how thats copying.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

duh.
it's more than the chord they're playing.
it's how they're playing it and the timbre of it.

i don't mean to sound like an elitist prick but i listened to panic! at the disco before they got big and on mtv. i heard em on purevolume.com and i doubt that pretty odd is their 'true' sound. more like, 'oh **** guys, we really are fags, let's completely change everything about us. i'm pretty sure they even got rid of the exclamation mark

A repetitive quarter or eighth note. Thats all it is.

And that whole second half, you do come off as an elitist prick.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I'm just saying, what is the more logical of these two situations:

1.PATD is signed, the label sees potential for the mtv crowd and pushes their sound in that direction. After a successful first album the label decides to loosen up and let them figure out their own sound.

2.PATD is signed with a whole album of ridiculous mtv stuff. It sells big. The label THEN decides to make them into a modern day beatle-esque sound, knowing all too well that the bands target audience pretty much doesnt have a clue who the hell the beatles where.
Quote by Primus2112

There's alot of songs with that kind of piano style in the begining. Its not stealing... more inspired I guess.

I love the Beatles... I'm in a tribute band. I liked panic when they came out and I was younger now I think they try/tried to hard... Seems forced. Their music is alright in a sense though.