I'm thinking about getting one of these. Is it worth the almost $900 price tag? Are the stock speakers good quality, etc, etc??? I have read a lot of good reviews, but I'm still not sure. Is there a 2x12" tube amp around the same price that would be better? I play mostly metal, but also some mellow stuff too. I use pedals so the distortion channel is not important. I will be using it for practice as well as gigging.
I love the JCs. I have a 90 and it sounds better than any fender or Marshall that I have ever plugged into. A mesa is the only thing I would take over a JC, realistically speaking. The 120 is loud as hell!
Honestly, if you want a good distorted, heavy tone for metal this is not your amp. Don't get my wrong this amp is on the top of my GAS list, but it doesn't matter how many awesome pedals you have, this is probably going to disappoint. Some of the best clean/chorus sounds I have ever heard in my life though.
Quote by SVStee
Honestly, if you want a good distorted, heavy tone for metal this is not your amp. Don't get my wrong this amp is on the top of my GAS list, but it doesn't matter how many awesome pedals you have, this is probably going to disappoint. Some of the best clean/chorus sounds I have ever heard in my life though.

+1
Quote by SVStee

Any suggestions then? I'm cool with paying around $1000. Just want something that is VERY loud and has 2x12's. I've looked at the Valveking too. Is it worth buying and changing out the speakers & tubes? It would probably be close to the same price as the Roland with a decent set of speakers and tubes thrown in.
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
This whole forum is about to recommend 5150's, but I think that would be something to look at.
Quote by GraveMistake
I've looked at the Valveking too. Is it worth buying and changing out the speakers & tubes?

No, that'd be a waste of money.

With $1000, you could buy MANY amps that would suit you well. Go used and that opens up even more options.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I really want to buy new. Kind of a weird thing with me.
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
aww to bad though, the jc's cleans are really really awesome
i still the the best rig in the planet would have to be one of these or say a twin reverb a/b'ed with a really nice gain amp
but as matrixclaw stated, go used and go amp hunting
i'm sure there's now some nice mesa's in your price range and such
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
not good for metal or rock but great cleans.
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
JC rapes cleans without a doubt.