hey guys i just bought a set of logitech Z-5 speakers for my laptop and i thought they sounded pretty good at first but now im listening to music and im noticing static and sort of trem or flange effect when a higher note is held. do they just need to be broken in alilttle or are they just crappy speakers? they were $96 which isnt the most expensive pair out there but i mean the static and other flaw are way to noticable to put up with. Is there a way to troubleshoot them or fix'em or would it just be better to take them back? i have a 30 day return period but i would realy like to get them working so any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Probably crap or poorly plugged in. I would use the 30 day return period.
I have no signature.
mayve it's the file.

try playing a cd
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by InvaderTSN
Tremolo and flange? All you need now is some CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

I suggest a Marshall MG.

and your speakers will be SLAMMING
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by \m/slipknot\m/
ive played stuff from youtube, a dvd, itunes, and a cd, all with same result. i think there just crappy speakers. Damn bestbuy sales people!

welp, im no scientist, but i believe i have found your problem

check the wires and connections again. also, i find that the sound qulaity seems better if i pull down the sound on my computer to around 90 and pull down the sound on itunes slightly. im not sure if this really does anything, but i convinced that it sounds better. i like to justify it with not maxing out the sound=better quality. but since its digital who knows.

again, this all makes sense in my head. i am drunk. take it with a grain of salt.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by InvaderTSN
Tremolo and flange? All you need now is some CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

I suggest a Marshall MG.

He's probably already listening to Slipknot, so the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE would probably be in excess.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

my logitech z-4 speakers work fine :P
only if i turn up my laptop, the media monkey and the speakers to full volume there´s a high pitched sound...
Beer is fine.
Quote by \m/slipknot\m/
ok i managed to fix them last night. the set at 16 bit, 48000 Hz so i moved it down to 16 bit, 32000 Hz. im not exactly sure what the numbers mean but they sound ten times better now.

My logic dictates that figuring out what you did only cheapens the experience.
Get Realtek HD Audio Manager and use the surround sound virtualization thing.
If that doesn't work, get some new ones.
hello