Page 1 of 2
They're a relatively new band but they're so awesome. The old singer from DanceGavinDance is their frontman. I just started listening to them like, yesterday, and I love them lol.

What do you guys think?

If you haven't heard of them look up "The Past Should Stay Dead" on Youtube. That was the song that got me into them.
love them. arent they playing at warped this year? i also think they are playing a free show at sxsw. ill probably go check them out.
Relativity is amazing. One of my favourites from 08.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

amazing band...totally changed their sound when jonny came aboard...old EP "this is your way out" is killer too...kinda sounds like older The Devil Wears Prada
+I've Been Wandering Around
Making Up Movies In My Head+
I like em.

and I thought your first sentence was a pun.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Johnny Craig is a vocal god...the rest of the band seems to be good but kind of average to me.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by darkrikku
reserved till youtube starts working on my comp

Start off by listening to " Set it off like napalm " . It's pretty simple and catchy, rest of the stuff is really complicated.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

I love them. My cousin was at their show in Fort Collins, Colorado and said Johnny's mic came unplugged mid-song and that you could still hear him decently because he was singing so hard.
Amp: B-52 AT100 212
Guitar: Parker P-44
Effects: Korg Tuner
I like these guys more and more every day.

They're carried by the vocals. Jonny is insane, and I love relativity, but if it wasn't for Jonny then I'd probably hate it. DGD were far better.
Quote by treflip
They're carried by the vocals. Jonny is insane, and I love relativity, but if it wasn't for Jonny then I'd probably hate it. DGD were far better.

DGD is annoying now, at least their new album is...their "new" guitarist-screamer is terrible...he sounds like he's just over-exerting himself.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
these guys really need more "epic" songs. they have too much light stuff going on and it is really lacking energy.

Edit: I feel so indecisive about Emarosa. it shows even in this thread. they have so much potential but sometimes it's just annoying how close they are to being awesome yet how far they have to go...

Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by Thebiz
DGD is annoying now, at least their new album is...their "new" guitarist-screamer is terrible...he sounds like he's just over-exerting himself.

they didnt change the screamer until after the album...
Quote by Its_Rock77
these guys really need more "epic" songs. they have too much light stuff going on and it is really lacking energy.

Edit: I feel so indecisive about Emarosa. it shows even in this thread. they have so much potential but sometimes it's just annoying how close they are to being awesome yet how far they have to go...

They've only released one LP. And for a debut it was REALLY damn good.

'Give em time

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
i like both albums even though it was a pretty radical change.

anyone see the mock interview when jerry from sky eats airplane said he was gonna scream for emarosa? that was pretty exciting until i found out it was fake.
I'm going to see TDWP and ADTR mainly for Emarosa...it'd be awesome if they collaborated

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
johnny craig is awesome live. He was drunk and falling over when i saw him and he still sounded perfect haha.
Jonny Craig broke his ankle, right next to me. Pretty sure that's something you don't see every day.

EDIT: Disregard that, his ankle is fine. He landed on some kids foot and broke his toes. Not nearly as epic.
Last edited by treflip at Mar 17, 2009,
Saw them supporting You me at six few weeks back, not to great live but they are ok
i went to see them open for sky eats airplane and day to remember...jonny craig autographed my guitar...but the "permanent" marker started to smear so i just went ahead and whiped it all of..i was really upset about that...but yea anyway the band is great and i love every song on relativity
I don't really love Johnny Craig's vocals in Emarosa, but I loved him in Dance Gavain Dance (although they are doing more then fine with the new singer). Emarosa's first ep is really great, though, i suggest you try and find it somewhere, definitely worth a listen or 10.
Quote by xXChasingSunsXx
This is Your Way Out > Relativity

s'all I'm sayin.

I completely agree
Relativity>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dog shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > This Is Your Way out

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by punkforlife93
I'm digging the band, especially Relativity.
Mhmm. I've had it on repeat for a whole week so far.
In my opinion, Emarosa the Band is decent, but Jonny Craig is an amazing vocalist. I think JC deserves better.
My friend used to play guitar for them.

They suck.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Good band. Great vocalist. 'Nuff said
We are NOT meaningless

Sole member of
Diction & Diaries: Folk Indie with passion

Guitarist/lyricist for:

A CITY SKYLINE

"
i had a beer with Jonny Craig this summer without knowing who he or his band were. i was with some girl friends of mine when he randomly walked into the bar by himself. he asked if he could sit with us and just started talking. He told us he just had a show with his band but i figured they were just some local band. When he left the girls told me he was the singer of Emarosa and that they were so star struck they hadnt said a word the whole time he was there LOL. nice guy tho
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Page 1 of 2