hey there, well I had just picked up my guitar (dean ML) turned on my amp turned my pedal and wah on and such then hit that one power chord but noticed no sound was coming from the amp. I checked all the wires and stuff but they hadnt been touched since the last time i played. looked at the volume and what not it just wasnt working. so I then decided to wiggle the patch cord where the it goes into the guitar and ever once in a while ill hear sound for like a seccond. I noticed that the washer on the input is loose so i tightend it but it only comes loose again. any ideas? sometimes I can get it to work by turining the patch cord but its only a matter of time before it turns back and stops working again. And I know its not my patch cords because they are brand new monster cables.
thank you for your help in advance
could be a number of things..could be that the sauder that conects the wire to the input came off, like you said the nut on it is too loose....just have to open it up and take a looksie
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
You might have a loose wire inside the guitar. Try opening the guitar to check the wire solderings. Also check to make sure everything else is tight.
Hope that helps!
Take off the backplate to the routing for the jack. If there's a broken solder joint, there's your problem. If you don't think it is your cables/amp, then it must be your input jack.

Out of curiosity, which model ML are you playing? Like any other guitar, some are built better than others.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Take off the backplate to the routing for the jack. If there's a broken solder joint, there's your problem. If you don't think it is your cables/amp, then it must be your input jack.

Out of curiosity, which model ML are you playing? Like any other guitar, some are built better than others.

im playing the DBDT ML