Page 1 of 2
none. at all.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
0. i get like 5 emails on average a day lol.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Over 11,000 I think.
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Seriously, how hard is it to delete messages after/before you read them? I can't stand a messy inbox...my bedroom on the other hand...
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Just passed 1337 today
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have like 800 ... I never check it unless I'm expecting something.

Quote by adamungar1
Seriously, how hard is it to delete messages after/before you read them? I can't stand a messy inbox...my bedroom on the other hand...

Well, once you get to about 200 it's a bit of a hassle...
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Quote by sporkman7
how much unread mail do u guys have?
im almost at 1000 (996)
but then ive seen some ppl at like 14
so...

I know what you were thinking. Let me finish that for you.

Quote by sporkman7
so...
i was thinking, whats up with them?
like, dont they have friends?
im almost ast 1000 friends on myspace (996)
im obviously cooler than them...
like, way cooler.
also, im the best in school and always have gud grades in speling

Quote by ZeGuitarist
I know what you were thinking. Let me finish that for you.

And you didn't even report this thread
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Pretty_Much
1, not checking your emails is stupid and pointless.

Why? What about checking them isn't stupid or pointless? I don't get anything important, so what importance lies in checking my mail?
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Quote by DirtyMakik

Why would I?

I hope you're not one of those "omfgwtfbbq ZeG why didz u r3p0rtz this??!? its not spam lololol" guys, are you? I only report spam. Nothing more. But nothing less either.
Quote by DirtyMakik

Bahaha!

Great.
Camilla Choads.
Quote by Pretty_Much
Shut up ZeGuitarist, go home.

Are you holding a personal grudge against me, or can't you recognise a joke when it slaps you in the face? I didn't mean to offend or anything...
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Why would I?

I hope you're not one of those "omfgwtfbbq ZeG why didz u r3p0rtz this??!? its not spam lololol" guys, are you? I only report spam. Nothing more. But nothing less either.

Spam can be a real good time killer.

but heyhey ...huh... hey!
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Three Thousand Two Hundred and Seventy Seven. I just have an E-mail to subscribe to stuff.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
None?... Why wouldn't you read your email?...
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
In my good account: Zero inbox, 69 spam (lulz)

In my spam account: 290 inbox, 2086 spam folder. I like to see just how much spam I can accumulate. Six of them are viruses.
Last edited by Survivalism at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Why would I?

because you are the one who should hold the power of choosing what is spam and what isn't.

on topic

spam 1207

inbox 2 (now 0, i just checked them lol)
Quote by captaincrunk
because you are the one who should hold the power of choosing what is spam and what isn't.

Any topic that can start a good discussion or a good amount of "valid" responses isn't spam IMO. For example, this isn't spam because it's a genuine question that gets responses that make sense.

Not like other threads I've seen:
"Have you guys ever thought of making a new e-mail and UG account to do one really outrageously crazy thing on the forums here, like posting one thread full of absolute bullcrap of pr0n or some other thing like that? I just realized that people could do that."

Now there's your line.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Any topic that can start a good discussion or a good amount of "valid" responses isn't spam IMO. For example, this isn't spam because it's a genuine question that gets responses that make sense.

You dodged the true point of the question.

i proposed a limit on how many reports a person can do within a 1 hour period, in order to get a less biased view of threads needing reporting.

Reporting a thread does put some pressure on a mod, although most of our mods have the balls to ignore just about anything they don't agree with, and i respect that
Quote by captaincrunk
I just think mod's are mod's and users are users and you're trying to be a mod.

Oh god. Not this again.

I don't want to be a mod. Here's why:
1. Being a mod is hard work, especially with UG having so many users.
2. There's no need for mods on UG right now, so anyone who wants to be a mod right now will be disappointed, because you just can't.
3. Mods are volunteers, so no pay. I'm a writer for UG, with pay.

Conclusion: even if it were possible, why would I want to take on so much work without even getting rewarded for it?

I'm just a user, yes, but ask any mod: they rely on the occasional user reporting spam threads. If I see one, I report it. After that, it's up to the mods whether they close it or not. So, your argument about "user bias" on reported threads makes no sense. It's the mods that judge the thread in the end, not the user reporting it.

Geez, stop whining about me reporting threads that should be reported.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Oh god. Not this again.

I don't want to be a mod. Here's why:

You're in the pit enough, and you report about 99 out of every 100 threads that are closed when you are on

2. There's no need for mods on UG right now, so anyone who wants to be a mod right now will be disappointed, because you just can't.

Apparently there is a need, thats why we have them

I get paid. I don't care that you do

Conclusion: even if it were possible, why would I want to take on so much work without even getting rewarded for it?

I'm just a user, yes, but ask any mod: they rely on the occasional user reporting spam threads.

You are hardly occasional. You're trying to downplay your involvement here. Dont pull that

If I see one, I report it. After that, it's up to the mods whether they close it or not. So, your argument about "user bias" on reported threads makes no sense. It's the mods that judge the thread in the end, not the user reporting it.

You have to agree that a mod entering a thread for the purposes of checking out a *report* will feel somewhat obligated to do something. It'd be ludicrous to think otherwise

Then report this, like everything else. If you report me for arguing within a thread, well, you are too

I wrote in bold within the quote
You must be the biggest dumbass in the Pit... Did you even read anything I said?

You're in the pit enough, and you report about 99 out of every 100 threads that are closed when you are on
I dare you to name me one, just ONE thread, that SHOULDN'T have been closed.

Apparently there is a need, thats why we have them
I meant, there's no need for EXTRA mods. That's why nobody can become a mod right now. It's just the mods that are here now.

Your point?

I'm just a user, yes, but ask any mod: they rely on the occasional user reporting spam threads.
You are hardly occasional. You're trying to downplay your involvement here. Dont pull that
False. Stop blaming me of trying to rule the place.

If I see one, I report it. After that, it's up to the mods whether they close it or not. So, your argument about "user bias" on reported threads makes no sense. It's the mods that judge the thread in the end, not the user reporting it.
You have to agree that a mod entering a thread for the purposes of checking out a *report* will feel somewhat obligated to do something. It'd be ludicrous to think otherwise
No. If they did, they would be crappy mods.

Then report this, like everything else. If you report me for arguing within a thread, well, you are too
Dear God... Mods, I beg you, if there's any of you online, back me up here.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
You must be the biggest dumbass in the Pit... Did you even read anything I said?

Yes, and responded directly underneath specific passages.

I dare you to name me one, just ONE thread, that SHOULDN'T have been closed.

Any thread that's been reported and not closed, didn't need to be closed.

Apparently there is a need, that's why we have them
I meant, there's no need for EXTRA mods. That's why nobody can become a mod right now. It's just the mods that are here now.

Maybe you should clarify next time? And apparently you think they need your help. Mods receive no pay, so why not lighten the load? Couldn't hurt? Not suggesting you, I don't think you'd make a very good mod.

Your point?

My point is you had no point, other than to try to say you're part of the UG team, thereby deserving special recognition

False. Stop blaming me of trying to rule the place.

Less than 30 seconds of my post you quoted, you reported a thread.

No. If they did, they would be crappy mods.

Now mods are immune to emotion? Capable of ignoring any and all suggestive influence?

Dear God... Mods, I beg you, if there's any of you online, back me up here.

This is a matter of power. Some mods might agree with me, many wouldn't
You aren't the reason i want to limit the amount of reporting a person can do within an hour.

I've seen many many threads get reported in retaliation for previous spats between users. And sometimes the mods see this and ban people, but as you agreed, mod's need help. I think this would cut down on people spamming the *report* button. Maybe allow the mods to pay attention to more spam than BS

bolded txt is mine

EDIT: I'm dropping this argument now, as there's nothing I can really do about it.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Dec 28, 2008,
Yes, and responded directly underneath specific passages.
With answers that were not even close to the point that I was making. I will demonstrate...

Any thread that's been reported and not closed, didn't need to be closed.
What does this have to do with what I said?
You say 99 out of 100 threads that get closed are reported by me. So what, if each and every one of them DESERVED to be closed? Name me one thread that shouldn't have to be closed... Also, I rarely report threads that don't get closed eventually.

Maybe you should clarify next time? And apparently you think they need your help. Mods receive no pay, so why not lighten the load? Couldn't hurt? Not suggesting you, I don't think you'd make a very good mod.
Maybe you should read better next time?
Again, I'm not trying to be a mod. But yes, they do rely on users occasionally reporting threads. If they didn't, there wouldn't be a "report" button, would there?

My point is you had no point, other than to try to say you're part of the UG team, thereby deserving special recognition
That was not even close to my point. My point was in the conclusion I made:
"Conclusion: even if it were possible, why would I want to take on so much work without even getting rewarded for it?"

Less than 30 seconds of my post you quoted, you reported a thread.
Stop talking about reporting threads as if it's a crime. I reported a thread, yes, but it deserved to be reported. You can't deny it.

Now mods are immune to emotion? Capable of ignoring any and all suggestive influence?
I never said that. You said made it seem as if they are one big bunch of subjectivity, and I merely meant to say that they are being as objective as they can. They're not perfectly objective, by all means no, but at least they're trying.

This is a matter of power. Some mods might agree with me, many wouldn't
You aren't the reason i want to limit the amount of reporting a person can do within an hour.

I've seen many many threads get reported in retaliation for previous spats between users. And sometimes the mods see this and ban people, but as you agreed, mod's need help. I think this would cut down on people spamming the *report* button. Maybe allow the mods to pay attention to more spam than BS

I agree with you that there's some people abusing the report button... It's just totally unfair of you that you count me as one of them. I'm very fair and just in the threads I report, IMO. Stop whining about it.

EDIT: Indeed, there's nothing you can do about it. I will carry on doing what I'm doing, whether you like it or not. In the end, it's always the mods who decide... So in time we'll know who of us is right, and who of us is banned
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by ZeGuitarist
EDIT: Indeed, there's nothing you can do about it. I will carry on doing what I'm doing, whether you like it or not. In the end, it's always the mods who decide... So in time we'll know who of us is right, and who of us is banned

I've never been banned, although I've not been here too long.

Both of us have been doing something warning worthy, which is going outside the thread topic. Actually I don't know if it is or not. but i bet if you saw others doing this you'd report them.
Quote by captaincrunk
I've never been banned, although I've not been here too long.

Both of us have been doing something warning worthy, which is going outside the thread topic. Actually I don't know if it is or not. but i bet if you saw others doing this you'd report them.

Well, that's where you are wrong.
You obviously don't know me, and are just generalizing my actions...
Why don't you get to know me before you judge me?
Page 1 of 2