Personally I think Robert Trujillo is. He is just now getting the recognition he should have been getting about 20 years ago when he was with Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Groove.
Well this hasn't been done before...

If Rob in under-rated, then Jason was downright unrecognized. He was every bit as good as the other two.
Nope, no sig here.
Liam Wilson of Dillinger and I can't forget Adam Doll also of Dillinger who was paralyzed from the shoulders down in a car accident. Both amazing bassists.
A very good bassist who gets very little recognition is JoJo Garza from the band Los Lonely Boys.
[
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez IJX40
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1988 Peavey Dyna Bass
Markbass CMD 102 P
B52 AT212
Beheringer Ultrabass 3500
Hartke 410 XL
Hartke 210 Transporter
Peavey TKO
Peavey 115 BW
Quote by Mutant Corn
Well this hasn't been done before...

If Rob in under-rated, then Jason was downright unrecognized. He was every bit as good as the other two.

I have to agree. I miss him...
Other than that, Joe Buchard of Blue Öyster Cult.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Most punk bassists. A lot of them write really cool basslines that aren't technically advanced, but sound great.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
flea....
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Paul Simonon

please tell me youre kidding sonsie
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
hahaha yea im kidding

pete wentz....
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by Man Overboard
Bassists in general are underrated.

Not by themselves!!

I suppose among you metal heads, there might be one or two who have heard of Dave Pegg, from Fairport Convention and, at times, Jethro Tull. But there's thousands of guys out there who just never got the breaks and kept thumping away in small bands. Just like Guitarists, drummers and even the odd keyboard player. I salute them all, of course.
Quote by 6stringbasshred
Herbie Flowers

+1

Sir Horace Gentleman of The Specials is great.

Nite Klub is one of my favourite bass songs.
How many of these threads have been made, Stop feeling sorry for yourselves, get back to playing and make yourself overly rated bass players.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by TooFast
Most punk bassists. A lot of them write really cool basslines that aren't technically advanced, but sound great.

QFT. In terms of popularity, I'd say Brian Robinson from A Wilhelm Scream, although every person I've ever shown his playing to has agreed he's pretty bad ass, so underrated.. maybe not.

By that token, my vote goes to Andrew Seward of Against Me!. You can hardly call AM! unpopular, but Seward's usually overlooked. He's not technical at all and mostly sticks to root notes.. but he sounds great and really holds the low end live; no more, no less.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3