Page 1 of 2
I had a Chinese Fender copy but managed to sell that(it was a cheap one btw)
so now i am without any electric guitar or amp or even processor..

managed to raise 300$ for the guitar+amp..which ones to go for?
type of music?
metallica ,slash, or greenday

Last edited by axeunlimited at Jan 1, 2009,
Ok, from the genre you stated, i suppose you want an all rounder guitar?

Try:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-PAC112J-Electric-Guitar?sku=511077
or
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510423
or
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRX20-Electric-Guitar?sku=519417
or
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar?sku=518334

with this amp:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15X-Amp?sku=487030

Not much you can get, and might consider saving more?

Note: I do know in China, goods can cost 2 times the price you can get it in the US, especially electronic items, eg. Apple Ipod. Not too sure bout guitars though.
haha the problem here isnt the price its whether its genuine or some bad copy
the Epiphone looks good..does it sound good too?
for the price hmm its almost the same as US...just say 20% more
Last edited by axeunlimited at Dec 28, 2008,
Whatever guitar you get make sure you get a Roland Cube to play through. I had one of those as a first amp and I still kick myself for selling it.
yeah i heard a lot about Roland Cube and its within the budget too..

do they ship out of US? @ danny
Malden? I don't know.

They're big enough to get reviewed in major magazines, though, so I'd expect them to.
the les paul special 2 isn't that great

my friend got one... the pickups are very cheap made, and everything is loose and it seems to fall apart
Quote by amason51
rg120 + vypyr 15

No. That thing has an agathis body. Rather you get a yamaha pacifica.
Quote by amason51
rg120 + vypyr 15

vypyr 15 yes, rg120 no.
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
btw any decent processor to go with? or should i use the 100$ for the processor in the guitar and get one later on?
Peavey Vypyr 15 (99 USD) everywhere sells it because it is so awesome so you can easily get it shipped to you.

Ibanez GRG170DX (200 USD) great starting guitar and is made of decent parts so you can upgrade as you go instead of buying a new guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by axeunlimited
i cant edit the title but i changed the budget to 300 for guitar

Epiphone G-400 Vintage. Really its sturdy and just as good as say a Gibson SG special. And this may be streching it with a change of pickups a Gibson Sg Standard
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by Silent_Crow13
Epiphone G-400 Vintage. Really its sturdy and just as good as say a Gibson SG special. And this may be streching it with a change of pickups.

From what I hear, the Gibson SG Special is very poor quality for a guitar of the Gibson brand. =\

However, I must say, the G-400 would be a good choice, but just make sure to pull out those pickups and drop in a couple of nice Duncans or some Gibson pickups.
The Vypyr 15 is about unbeatable at the $99 point. I don't mind deans but some people flame them pretty bad so make your own opinion. A pup swap on a cheap ass Vendetta yields a pretty good started guitar, Yamaha Pacifica's are good starters as well. Keep an eye on your local clist if you can - its a great place to score gear at 50% of the new price.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Peavey Vypyr 15 ($99)
Schecter Omen 6 ($300)
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I have a 30 watt Peavey Vypyr which I am very happy with, so the 15 watt should good as well. For $300 dollars you could get an Ibanez RG2EX1. which I have and am quite happy with it as well. I'm not very experienced, and haven't played anything to compare them to, but so far they've worked out nicely for me.
so i have ibanez grg170dx
ibanez rg2ex1
schecter omen 6 as options
and roland cube or peavey vypyr for amp...
will try them after the exams...
thanks every one for the help
I'm not sure why nobody has mentioned this, but for $300 you can find yourself a used MIM Stratocaster. They are great for the price and a HUGE step up from the starter guitars, sometimes you get lucky (as I did ) and find one that feels amazing. Hell, mine plays better than most $1000 Fenders and Gibsons. But its all upto you.

Btw, do you know what kind of style you're going to be playing most?
I have a Roland Cube 30 and it's just great for practising. Keep the volume on it low and you you pedals to get practice volume. It's very clean.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio EMG 81/85

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2
Boss OS-2
Boss NS-2
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by swgb24
I'm not sure why nobody has mentioned this, but for $300 you can find yourself a used MIM Stratocaster. They are great for the price and a HUGE step up from the starter guitars, sometimes you get lucky (as I did ) and find one that feels amazing. Hell, mine plays better than most $1000 Fenders and Gibsons. But its all upto you.

Btw, do you know what kind of style you're going to be playing most?

kind of metal .... may be blues at times if i get a processor but mostly metal
i did not want to post another thread just for a question abt the processor
i can get a zoom 505 for 50$ its not a new one but just to use before i can get another 200$ for a good processor... is that any good...i used to have an rp50 and i still regret selling that
Last edited by axeunlimited at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by axeunlimited
300$ guitar +100 $ amp

WRONG $300 amp + $100 guitar
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Page 1 of 2