Poll: Who do you think is the greatest metal band of all time??
Poll Options
View poll results: Who do you think is the greatest metal band of all time??
Iron Maiden
1 6%
Metallica
4 22%
Megadeth
2 11%
Slayer
1 6%
Pantera
2 11%
Other (say who they are in your post)
8 44%
Voters: 18.
Hey guys idk if one of these has been done recently but i thought id start a new one and include a poll....

I consider the metal legends of all time to be Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Pantera...

argue this point if you must...

oh and if you could combine members of your favourite bands to make one super band... who would they be?

Heres mine:

Vocals : Bruce Dickinson
Rythm Guitar and backing vocals: James Hetfield
2nd Guitar and backing vocals: Dave Mustaine
3rd Guitar: Marty Friedman
Bass: Steve Harris
Drums: Lars Ulrich

If only.
Super band hey?
I'd go:
Vocals: Rob Halford
Guitar 1: Dimebag Darrell
Guitar 2: Jeff Loomis
Bass: Cliff Burton
Drums: Joey Jordison.
Only in a perfect world.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
Oh, for fvck sake...

TS, not only did you create an overdone, annoying, pointless thread, but you didn't even put interesting bands in it. Clearly, you have much, and by that I mean a world and a half, to learn about metal.
Delete this (edit button on first post -> delete thread), and refrain from creating any more threads such as this, and/or posting in general until you know some other band than the big four and Iron Maiden.

Fvck you, and thank off.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
vocal-tom araya
drum-hell hammer
guitar 1 -tony iommi
guitar 2- gary holt
bass -cliff burton

or

vocal -tom araya
bass tom araya
guitar 1- kerry king
guitar 2 jeff haneman
drums- dave lombardo
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by dead-fish
Oh, for fvck sake...

TS, not only did you create an overdone, annoying, pointless thread, but you didn't even put interesting bands in it. Clearly, you have much, and by that I mean a world and a half, to learn about metal.
Delete this (edit button on first post -> delete thread), and refrain from creating any more threads such as this, and/or posting in general until you know some other band than the big four and Iron Maiden.

Fvck you, and thank off.

*sigh*

I said greatest metal band of all time, not YOUR favourite or most 'interesting' band... thus why i listed the big four and Iron Maiden... If you dont want to read this thread because its annoying or pointless.... then dont click on it... kthanxbye
Oh, but I love being annoyed so much! Especially by idiots like you.

None of them are the 'greatest' metal bands of all time. There are more bands who did much more for metal than most of those bands, and you clearly never heard of them. Not to mention the inherit futility of these kind of threads.
All in all, a waste of time. Delete this abomination.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by dead-fish
Oh, but I love being annoyed so much! Especially by idiots like you.

None of them are the 'greatest' metal bands of all time. There are more bands who did much more for metal than most of those bands, and you clearly never heard of them. Not to mention the inherit futility of these kind of threads.
All in all, a waste of time. Delete this abomination.

Orly? please let me know who they are?
Enlighten me, sharing is caring
Oh, you know, small bands like, uhh, Celtic Frost, or something like that...
And there was some Sacred Moses, or summin'... Holy Moses! That's it.
Oh, and Venom, Pentagram, Suffocation, Bathory, Possessed, Atheist, Cynic, Coroner, Carcass...

And that's just off the top of my head.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Well, you don't even have Black Sabbath, who most people credit for starting metal in the first place....

HOW THE FISHCAKE did i forget black sabbath?
Right you are.... ok forgive me, Sabbath belongs on that list long before megadeth, slayer or pantera.... SORRY!!
We won't forgive you for forgetting bands like Venom and Bathory
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by dead-fish
Oh, you know, small bands like, uhh, Celtic Frost, or something like that...
And there was some Sacred Moses, or summin'... Holy Moses! That's it.
Oh, and Venom, Pentagram, Suffocation, Bathory, Possessed, Atheist, Cynic, Coroner, Carcass...

And that's just off the top of my head.

Hmm list of Nobody's *cough*

names that will be dead in 20 years if they arent dead now, those are personal favourites... not bands that epitomize and change the course of metal.
Quote by Run.to.the.hill

names that will be dead in 20 years if they arent dead now, those are personal favourites... not bands that epitomize and change the course of metal.

I'm glad you know your metal

ffs

Oh, WOW...

Look, dumbass, you obviously know nothing about metal, except for whatever specials you watched on VH1. Come back when your balls drop, and your CD collection, digital or otherwise, contains Black Metal, Necroticism and To Mega Therion.

Now scoot, Billy. Get the fvck out.
Quote by Run.to.the.hill

OMFG... I thought I made it clear that this thread was reported and so I am probably going to be warned for posting this but I don't care. You sir are full of fail.. . I don't just mean a little "oops, my mistake" failure either.... I mean full-on "shouldve been aborted and/or hanged upon birth" failure. The kind that makes me want to kick your dad in the ****ing face for not wearing a condom to avoid your conception.

Delete this. Now.

Btw, no Savatoge/Sodom/Death. You lose.
Quote by dead-fish
Oh, WOW...

Look, dumbass, you obviously know nothing about metal, except for whatever specials you watched on VH1. Come back when your balls drop, and your CD collection, digital or otherwise, contains Black Metal, Necroticism and To Mega Therion.

Now scoot, Billy. Get the fvck out.

Haha! Allow me to educate you, the testicles drop shortly after birth, approximately 1-3 months in fact, not during puberty, and i am in fact 17 so even if your statement were correct, i have completed the pubic cycle.
Quote by Run.to.the.hill
Haha! Allow me to educate you, the testicles drop shortly after birth, approximately 1-3 months in fact, not during puberty, and i am in fact 17 so even if your statement were correct, i have completed the pubic cycle.

Really? So what's your excuse for being such a ****ing girl?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Really? So what's your excuse for being such a ****ing girl?

Weren't you hugged as a child? or have you just failed to remove a large object from your anal cavity?
Quote by Run.to.the.hill
Weren't you hugged as a child? or have you just failed to remove a large object from your anal cavity?

I like how you fail to address all of the bands you clearly know nothing about (and dismiss despite their HUGE influence on metal) and instead latch on to the one thing you have a shot at winning... juvenile flaming. You don't have a valid point on metal and around here you are outgunned by metalheads that know far more than you ever will about the music.
Now gtfo of the Metal forum.
The pit might be more suitable a place for you to converse.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Dec 28, 2008,
Where do these idiots come from?

Quote by King ofKumbucha
I like how you fail to address all of the bands you clearly know nothing about (and dismiss despite their HUGE influence on metal) and instead latch on to the one thing you have a shot at winning... juvenile flaming. You don't have a valid point on metal and around here you are outgunned by metalheads that know far more than you about the music.
Now gtfo of the Metal forum.
The pit might be more suitable a place for you to converse.

I did in fact start this thread with the line
"I consider the metal legends of all time to be Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Pantera..." (EDIT: And Black Sabbath)

Your bands might be big, and might have had an influence, but you cant despute that these guys are in fact the biggest 6 of the lot... (with the possible inclusion of Anthrax)

And if you post on threads simply to 'win' (lol?) then id say you should get out more... if only some people would be mature and just answer the thread, or leave and go play with their cat or something...

My only point was to find out who around here prefers which of those bands... not for you to get all huffy because you've listened to more of the 80's metal bands than i have, and press your knowledge on me.

Id say your giant ego is as big as your penis, but well then id be lying. Lets call the two opposites...
Quote by Run.to.the.hill
I did in fact start this thread with the line
"I consider the metal legends of all time to be Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Pantera..." (EDIT: And Black Sabbath)

Your bands might be big, and might have had an influence, but you cant despute that these guys are in fact the biggest 6 of the lot... (with the possible inclusion of Anthrax)

And if you post on threads simply to 'win' (lol?) then id say you should get out more... if only some people would be mature and just answer the thread, or leave and go play with their cat or something...

My only point was to find out who around here prefers which of those bands... not for you to get all huffy because you've listened to more of the 80's metal bands than i have, and press your knowledge on me.

Id say your giant ego is as big as your penis, but well then id be lying. Lets call the two opposites...

I can and I have.

I don't post in threads to just "win" but when someone comes in that doesn't know **** and gets indignant when he is told so, well then that person should just stfu and lurk or something.

The rest doesn't need addressing as your opinion is worthless to me.
this should be stickied.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
KingofKumbucha and dead fish, both of you should get reported for being real dicks, flaming and such as you two have been going on is not only pointless but un necessary, the thread has been reported already, do you really need to carry on? And the bands listed have been big influences of the development of metal in general than the bands both of you have listed, you maybe are a handful of metalheads who listen to them, so your flaming is pointless. GROW UP AND STOP BITCHING LIKE LITTLE GIRLS!
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
Venom!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by Run.to.the.hill

You didn't just shoot yourself in the foot there, no, you cut off your own legs.

Also, Death, just Death.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too