I want to buy small practise amp (15-30W). I'm going to plug into it Zoom G2. I'm playin' mostly rock and metal, so i need amp that will stand lot of gain and will work out with no problems with multi-fx. I'm choosing between Roland Cube 15, Vox Pathfinder 15R and Peavey Rage 258. Which of them will be the best one? Maybe another?

Please help me.
you can also check some of those low wattage tube amps.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
What would you say about Peavey Vypyr? I haven't heard vypyr yet. Is it good enough for high-gains? I need some samples. Is it better than roland cube? How it works out with multi-fx (because i can see that it already contains some kind of multi-fx [like roland or line 6 spider]).
Vyper handles high gain very well. It sounds awesome playing anything from metallica to arch enemy.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
So which one is the best: Roland Cube 15 or Peavey Vypyr 15?
Last edited by Mattis16 at Dec 28, 2008,
If you can afford it, I would go with the 30w version for either, the 15s have a lot less in the feature department.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
If you can afford it, I would go with the 30w version for either, the 15s have a lot less in the feature department.

But which amp?
i just got the vypyr 15 from my gf for xmas....

my initial thoughts were dissappointing, but with tweaking, i play all amp with no issue... it could be a tad tighter, but for the price, it is more than enough to work on technique
I got the rage 258 and the lead channel sucks. The clean is very nice, all u have to do is find a metal pedal or something and bam u got a kick ass gain/clean channel.

At a little tweaking i manage to find a sound similar to the *brown sound*
If possible, play them all and see which ones you like best.
Gear!:

Epiphone G400
Marshall JCM 800 4211 Combo
Karmer Forum III
Schecter Stiletto Deluxe 5
Holden Graphic something bass amp? (eh it's 300 watts!)
Some sort of 1x15 cab.
if your gonna use a multi-fx, theres no point of getting a modelling amp like a vypyr or cube.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
So if there is a no point to buy cube or vypyr, so maybe vox pathfinder 15R or Orange Crush 15R?
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if your gonna use a multi-fx, theres no point of getting a modelling amp like a vypyr or cube.

That's what I was thinking. Why is everybody suggesting modelling amps? How about a nice low wattage tube amp?
modeling amps + multi fx don't go together. Get a Valve junior.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
lol everyone in this thread (almost everyone) has given modeler amps.

Go on ebay and look up the crate v series. Its a nice cheap tube amp that takes quite well to modelers.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel