I`ve put this on several sites but not yet had a definate and confirmed answer , so here goes ug experts. i`m putting a burstbucker3 in a gibson special faded there are two wires on the guitar , a green and a black that both go into a plug that well plugs in,but on the bb3 there is just a black wire and an outer braided covering ,gibsons site tell you to put the braided outer to a volume pot but would i be correct in thinking i can solder black on the bb3 to black on the plug and the outer braided cover to green on the plug? please can someome help
yes all six strings buzz !! but it`s unique isn`t it
Do the wires on the plug run to the pots? If they do see which color is soldered where and you can figure out which color is what. If the green is soldered to the back of the pot it is the ground and the way you want to wire it would work. If the black is soldered to the back of the pot you need to wire the bare to it. Just examine the guitars wiring and if you can't figure it out post again and we'll try to figure it out.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Dec 28, 2008,
The outer braided cover is the ground, the black wire inside is the hot. With Les Pauls you usually solder the hot to the volume pot, but the ground just needs to be soldered to the back of the volume pot, then you run a wire from the back of the pot to the bridge to ground the circuit. I'm not sure on the other pup which is hot and which is ground. I'd guess black is the hot, but it's just a guess.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer