This is way late, but its just come up recently.

Apparently Demon Days is a concept album. Is it really? and if so can someone give me a rough outline or explanation of the concept? Coz im rather intrigued.
i dont think it is a concept album. just another gorillaz album. sorry to burst your bubble
Wikipedia calls it a concept album, but I'm not sure how that is.

Edit: It appears to be about the last primates surviving the apocalypse.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
Found this on amazon of all places:

"Demon Days" concept fits into the Science Fiction realm. It depicts a world in a post-doomsday state. Perhaps this doomsday state was caused by nuclear war or an alien invasion. How this occurred is left up to your imagination. "Demon Days" presents us with a feeling that this world is full of oppression, tyranny, and martial law. This feeling will continue through the story of "Demon Days". Toward the end of the "story" we are presented with a more uplifting theme and some hope for optimism. There will be a heavy use of synthesizers on this collection, but they will basically help to enhance the story that is put forward here. The whole anime concept of the virtual band has helped also to tell this story visually.
PROJECT 84
Quote by stilosguitar
Found this on amazon of all places:

"Demon Days" concept fits into the Science Fiction realm. It depicts a world in a post-doomsday state. Perhaps this doomsday state was caused by nuclear war or an alien invasion. How this occurred is left up to your imagination. "Demon Days" presents us with a feeling that this world is full of oppression, tyranny, and martial law. This feeling will continue through the story of "Demon Days". Toward the end of the "story" we are presented with a more uplifting theme and some hope for optimism. There will be a heavy use of synthesizers on this collection, but they will basically help to enhance the story that is put forward here. The whole anime concept of the virtual band has helped also to tell this story visually.

Another good find.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
Technically "Saints of Los Angeles" is a concept album, but thats just because Motley have nothing else to write about. Maybe its the same.
its song titles like "every planet we reach is dead" that speak to the point that it is a concept album, so when someone suggested to me that it was i found it fairly easy to accept. Except for the small matter of knowing exactly what the hell the concept was.