So I've got about £150 to spend and I'm thinking of getting one of these. I know I'll probably get a few people saying get individual pedals, but I'm looking for versatility more than tone at the moment (not to say that I don't care if they sound like crap...), cos I really want to find some different sounds.

Anyway, just wanted to get some opinions on what'd be best for me, I play indie stuff, but I'm really getting 80s new wave so the synthy sounds are important. I've heard bad things about the Boss's wah, but I'm not sure I'll use it so much...Oh, and I'll be using it live as well.

Just wanted to hear about experience with reliability before I try 'em out. Thanks!

edit: Also, what the hell is the Expression Step Sequencer on the Korg?
go to gearwire.com and search for the AX3000G, there will be 2 topics, the one has a video. .
it's rob math demonstrating the korg and you can see what the ESS is ;p
Thanks for that link! That ESS looks quite useful, for the pitch shifter at least, not sure how I'd use it with the other effects though. :/

Bleh, confused now, thinking the Boss's layout looks a lot easier, but the ESS is tempting. Anyone got an AX3000 and can vouch for how easy it is to use?
Quote by pannako
Thanks for that link! That ESS looks quite useful, for the pitch shifter at least, not sure how I'd use it with the other effects though. :/

Bleh, confused now, thinking the Boss's layout looks a lot easier, but the ESS is tempting. Anyone got an AX3000 and can vouch for how easy it is to use?

The advandage on the AX3000G is that you can have effects on each footswitch like a pedalboard with stompboxes, and on boss you only have Dist/Mod/Delay or run through the effects. .

The korg has also Amp Modeller, so if you don't like your amp sound, the korg has plenty of nice amps that boss doesn't. .
After reading the manual the AX is very simple to use. The sound of the FX are okay, nothing special but not that bad. The ESS is a funny feature, which i barely ever use. I'd say, try to try them both on your own and see which suit your needs better.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I've got the ME50, the distortion/fuzz models are crap (overdrive is alright though), modulation is mediocre, delay is fine. Wah is alright, though it doesn't have much range and handle high gain well

It's versatile but it doesn't sound that great...some of the features are pretty useless too
You could pick up a used Line 6 POD XT... I am not sure about the price in pounds for that though...

Or is the Korg thing better
I have used the AX1500 and dont know how different the 3000g is but from comparing the Boss with the ax1500, what i felt is that, the boss has more options and controllable parameters on their effects but its interface is not very user friendly. The Korg on the other hand is extremely simple to tweak but lack certain features for fine tuning the effects. Some basic effects like reverb is very good on the korg but the wah on it is pretty bad. As for the boss the effects are all top notch. The delay tremolo and chorus are very respectable

The Boss lack amp modeling though. So, unless you want the amp modeling, i suggest that you get the boss. There is very little Chance of going wrong.

Of course it would be better if you could find a used GT8 of POd.
Last edited by ambush_xx at Feb 5, 2009,