It sure hurts me. whenever i play bass with my fingers for to long i get blisters on the tips of my index and middle fingers that make it impossible to play bass. does anyone no how to prevent this (other than abstinence or the use of a pick) or no how to heal said blisters rapidly, so as not to disrupt my heclectic bass playing schedule.
Depends how many fingers you use.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
My friend also have huge blisters on his fingers after playing bass, but he doesn't bitch and moan about it like a little girl
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
After a while they'll turn into callouses. Play through the pain, pussy.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Your finger tips will get callous's (sp?), after that you'll be fine. If you play for hours on end daily, say 3 or 4+, it'll take a while.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
It hurts at the beginning, after a while it gets easier. My fingertips are like rocks now.

Also, +100 profile views.
NOPE.
You certainly just commanded the entire pit's attention.

Well anyway when I played bass I had a similar problem, just more a rare tender fingertip than blisters. I'd suggest plaster band-aids (they're like skin) or just play till it's slightly painful and then leave it so you'll be more accustomed to it/get callouses.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I thought this thread was about... something else.

*leaves*

Same.

*leaves with everyone else*
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
basically you just have to pay. I couldnt hold down for more then 20 mins when i started guitar, now a few years down the line i have the stamina for a few hours of fun anyday.

yea...just play through it and they will come, my friend.