OK, a guitar i've got has a satin nitrocelusoe finish (as in a dull/matt finish) but i don't like it, is there anyway i can either add gloss to it to make it more shiney/less dull or would i have to sand the matt finish off?

cheers for any help and sorry if the question has ben asled before or is a stupid one but i couldnt find a clear enough answer

thanks
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
sand off the matt finish, and then spray a layer of color (if needed) then start your clear process.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
cheers!
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
No need. If you like the colour, but not the matt finish, just lightly wet sand the surface with P500 grit paper, then apply clear coat. Try and use a decent quality 2 Pack clear coat. Then you can buff it out.

Or, totally re-finish the guitar, but I suggest you read up on it and do it right.
^that was what i was trying to say
i stated spray color if necessary in case he sanded too far, as i was assuming he knows what he's doing, as far as how to properly sand off the matt finish
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
^that was what i was trying to say
i stated spray color if necessary in case he sanded too far, as i was assuming he knows what he's doing, as far as how to properly sand off the matt finish

Yeah i realised that after posting. Well done sir