Okay so i just got this Roland cube 60 amp for christmas and for the first few days after christmas day there was no buzz coming from it when i was not touching any strings. This morning i was playing it with a decent amount of volume and gain and when i didn't touch the strings or left it somewhere there would be this great humming/buzzing sound coming from the amp. This didnt happen when i got the amp and i don't know how to stop it and it's really pissing me off. So what i want to know is how i could stop this humming noise. Thaks
Last edited by KidBARTLEY at Dec 28, 2008,
check your cables, but it's probably your guitar. are you playing around any other electrical devices?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Oh, I had this problem once, I thought it was the amp and I even let my guitar teacher take a look at it but it was a cable problem
My guitar is new aswell, Jackson rr3, got it for christmas, its in my room with my ocmputer and tv and all that stuff, but i tried turning all the plugs of my tv off and putting my amp at that side and still not working. I bought a new cable yesterday but when i use it its a lot quieter so i've been using the older one which worked fine up until this morning.
well, might just be the cable then.

probably not the amp, imo. at least check everything else first, because it'll be easier to fix. also I had a buzzing problem one time and it was because the jack on my guitar was loose on the inside.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!