On Friday my singers got kicked out of our practice space.
We use a local church to practice in, they got the key from the former pastor. They were working on their vocals by singing along to Metallica and Shinedown.

A woman came to the door and heard a bit of Ride The Lightning and called the pastor, for she feared the church was possessed! The pastor came to the rescue. The singers heard the door being unlocked, and naturally, tore ass downstairs and hid. Alas, they were found. The pastor took it surprisingly well, didn't yell at them or anything, but they were still kicked out.

Now where will we practice?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Your house, a studio, a bathroon, acoustically. i dont know men. Maybe you can tell the pastor that the singer found god and he should let you play inside
Ruinas Circulares
Rent a practice space, there are plenty where I live and if you look around for long enough you can find some awesome deals.

At one point,t here were five of us in the band, the guy asked for 15 quid and said we can stay in as long as we wanted, gave us the pass code and told us to lock up when we're done; perhaps you'll find his twin brother or something...
Quote by princess piggy
How about you not be a disrespectful asshole and apologize.

how were they being disrespectful?
WHile I don't see it as disrespectful, I'm sure many would see playing metallica in a church as disrespectful. however, if the pastor said they could practice there, he should have been prepared for whatever music involved, if he had a problem with metal he should have asked what they would be playing first.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by princess piggy
How about you not be a disrespectful asshole and apologize.
I wasn't at practice, you disrespectful asshole who can't read.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
it is sorta snarky that y'all got a key from the ex-pastor. As EX-pastor, he lacks the authority to give you any sort of permissions in that building.

That said, it is a great story. The lady thought the BUILDING was POSSESSED with Metal. C'mon! That's classic.
Metallica isn't an anti-christian band, so they weren't really doing anything bad. It's not like they were singing Imortal or anything.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
I don't know where you live, so i can tell you where to practise ¬_¬

Although the reason for you being kicked out is quite funny
Obviously the kids weren't supposed to be there, why else would they run and hide when they heard someone coming in? They weren't kicked out because of the music they were playing, they were kicked out because they were trespassing.

For the people saying to practice in the church parking lot or on the roof, grow up. It's not the church's fault - they had no right to be there in the first place.

On topic, OP, see if you can practice at one of your band member's houses. Also look into renting a practice space.
Last edited by shortyafter at Dec 30, 2008,
I think the previous pastor let them well he was still the pastor there...
Quote by xEpidemicx
Metallica isn't an anti-christian band, so they weren't really doing anything bad. It's not like they were singing Imortal or anything.

Yeah but singing a song in a church (depending upon how uptight the church is) that includes the phrases "electric chair", "switch of death", and "I don't want to die", is a fairly big
wait...you tried to play metallica in a church and are now complaining that they kicked you out

Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by shortyafter
Obviously the kids weren't supposed to be there, why else would they run and hide when they heard someone coming in? They weren't kicked out because of the music they were playing, they were kicked out because they were trespassing.

For the people saying to practice in the church parking lot or on the roof, grow up. It's not the church's fault - they had no right to be there in the first place.

On topic, OP, see if you can practice at one of your band member's houses. Also look into renting a practice space.

Quote by shortyafter

Read this before you post.
Current Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Explorer Standard
Tradition Strat
Crafter Acoustic

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 DL4
Dano Fish 'n Chips
MXR Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MD-2 Distortion