Alright, I got a new laptop the other day and for the past over9000 hours I've tried getting it to work with my mp3 player so I can transfer files to and from it, but it just ain't happening.

The laptop recognises it when I plug it in and has the correct drivers and **** but when I click on it 'Audio Player' it only shows files on the laptop that can sync with it such as the sample music, not the files that are on the mp3 player (a **** load of songs, homework files).

Is this just Vista's general ****ness, or do I have some settng on/off that's not showing the files on the mp3 player?

I've tried using different cables with no difference. Also the mp3 player still works fine with my old computer so its nothing wrong with the mp3 player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm gonna rage soon... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']How about just opening the player's folder trough my computer, and copying the songs there?

Thats what I'm doing...

It only shows files that the laptop can sync to the mp3 player.

---

Also is there any software I could try out that might solve this?
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

xmas present?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
What kind of Mp3 player is it???

How the **** do you think we can help you if you don't even give the basic things we need to understand the problem???
How can you have been working for 9000 hours if you got it the 'other day'?
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
1) Stop living on 4chan

2) Are the songs the right file type? Compare the file type of the sample music with the type of file you are failing to transfer
Give us more info.

Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
How can you have been working for 9000 hours if you got it the 'other day'?

Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I don't see what everyone's problem with vista is; it works great, the prompts to authorize new programs aren't all that annoying, the only thing that annoys me is when it tries to block a new program like it did back in XP. It seems people only get mad at it and blame it for being ****ty because they lack the intelligence to perform simple tasks regardless of the operating system.

If you have an Ipod, get the copypod free trial.