hey guys, i've come across a korg ax1000g and was wondering has anyone played one or owned one?
can these do modern metal?

thanks!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I own a 1500g, but i'm sure its very similar to yours. I've found it to produce pretty decent sound through my speaker set. Don't run it through your amp though. It will pick up some noise, even on the clean channel.

I don't know what you call modern metal, but i found it to emulate heavily distorted sounds rather well. I've allways enjoyed it, and use it as a highly portable practice amp . Saves me the trouble of moving my h&k switchblade.

Speaking of the switchblade, in comparision the difference in soundquality with a tube amp is there. But then again, the korg only costs one tenth of the price.

Price/quality wise you couldn't go wrong. I don't know if your model also has a tuner, metronome etc, but it's really well equiped.
yeah it has a tuner, modern metal like lamb of god, trivium & killswitch.
i plan on using it through my amp.. seeming how i like to jam with my brother who is a bassist.

edit: has metronome.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Dec 28, 2008,
I own a AX3000G, It can do whatever sound you want, it's pretty similar to the 1000G. It sounds good through a set of headphones - not sure about an amp at high volume, through my practice amp (tube) it doesn't sound as good but combining the shred or metal distortion with the amps distortion (and if yours has a noise reduction, turn that to full) it sounds AMAZING, heaviest gain ever, probably getting a new 100W amp next year, I'll see how good it sounds through that.
Any more info on this pedal?
can it do heavy metal?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Any more info on this pedal?
can it do heavy metal?

He said it can do any sound you want and the 1st responder said it could do heavily distorted sounds, so I guess there's your answer .
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Recommended threads
1x15" cab
AUSTINZOR
Last post:
by eddiehimself