Hello all I am starting to play with a guitarist and would like to know which of these amps is better or suggestions( that are500 and under)

These two amps

Marshall:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MB60-60W-1x12-Hybrid-Bass-Combo?sku=483999

Fender:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-60-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480720

Acoustic B100:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B100-100W-1x15-Bass-Combo?sku=482900

I've played the first two with my bass but the local shop doesn't have any Acoustic amps..

I play a Ibanez SRX 350 with active pick ups thanks
My school has the Marshall, and it sounds horrible... Well actually the person playing it sounded horrible, but still, it was a ****ty amp, and it's wayyy too freaking quiet, they had it on full and I could probably sing over it with no P.A. Not sure about the others.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
My school has the Marshall, and it sounds horrible... Well actually the person playing it sounded horrible, but still, it was a ****ty amp, and it's wayyy too freaking quiet, they had it on full and I could probably sing over it with no P.A. Not sure about the others.

Really? i loved it when i played it, the compresser and all the dials were the bomb
Quote by froggyman
Really? i loved it when i played it, the compresser and all the dials were the bomb

Must've been on a bad setting.
For like $500 you could probably get a small Hartke thing, they're ****ing awesome from what I've heard of them. (I have a big 350watt thing, but never used bass through it)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Must've been on a bad setting.
For like $500 you could probably get a small Hartke thing, they're ****ing awesome from what I've heard of them. (I have a big 350watt thing, but never used bass through it)

That was the thing the Acoustic is the same price as the fender but twice as big...

but i have heard good things about acoustic amps
Out of the three, the Acoustic is probably my choice. I'm not a fan of that Fender amp (I think it just sounds meh) and Marshall, like Gibson should stick to making product for guitarists imho.
The fender is a good amp. Not sure how it sounds at over half volume though but it still shacks the house at half and sounds good. As for the other amps I have no idea
Things to look for:

Fender Bassman 150
Fender Bassman 250 (Will have to go used if you go this route)
Acoustic B200
Ashdown MAG
I have an Acoustic B200, its is 350USD and it is a very nice amp. Acoustic also makes a half stack package with a B200H head and 115 cab which is around 500USD. I would definitely go with Acoustic.
Acoustic is your best bet.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by grifff
I have an Acoustic B200, its is 350USD and it is a very nice amp. Acoustic also makes a half stack package with a B200H head and 115 cab which is around 500USD. I would definitely go with Acoustic.

It also appears that the dreaded GC is having a sale on Acoustic bass amps at the moment, so you may be able to strike an even better deal than ever.
Acoustic is now owned by Guitar Center so it eliminates one level of profit making. I played through of of them at an open mic night and it was O.K. but had too much ring for what I like. You have to decide what is best for you but a Hartke is probably your best bet for under $500. Look on Craigslist or your local want ads and see if you can find a used Peavey TNT. Those are great combo amps although they will give you a hernia when you have to move them.
[
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez IJX40
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1988 Peavey Dyna Bass
Markbass CMD 102 P
B52 AT212
Beheringer Ultrabass 3500
Hartke 410 XL
Hartke 210 Transporter
Peavey TKO
Peavey 115 BW
acoustic all the way.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have a Fender Rumble 100, it's exceptional for the price (about $260 cdn.). The only thing it's lacking is some sort of distortion/overdrive. Can't speak on the others
ive never played on any of these, since my brother hasn't had his bass for long(which i play), but acoustic amps are good, i played a lower watt version of the amp you mentioned.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by anarkee
Out of the three, the Acoustic is probably my choice. I'm not a fan of that Fender amp (I think it just sounds meh) and Marshall, like Gibson should stick to making product for guitarists imho.

Totaly agree.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn