when i play live i can play good but people always say im boring coz i just stand ther an play but when i start moving around my playin goes outa of time an suffers any advice please contribute
Firstly, no need to go absolutely crazy. Second, make sure you can play the songs without completely concentrating on them, so you can concentrate somewhat on not falling of the stage. Also spend some time while practicing just walking about and slowing progress in speed and extent of your movements. Good luck!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
find a song you can get into. it makes things a lot easier.

but also what kinda "jumping around" do you mean?
Its mostly due to you trying to concentrate on pulling off some michael jackson moves, which takes concentration away from your guitar playing. Only move if you "feel" the music as such, move to what you play. If you in the middle of a song and thinking damn I gotta start break dancing, what will I do, dont want to be embarrassed infront of barbara streisand in the audience, then you'll forget bout guitar. Practise at home so you dont have to think about it much, and your not as uncomfortable.
a lot of it is nervousness in the beginning...I'm in the same boat and honestly the one show i really played well and got into it, i had some drinks before to loosen up
u just gotta tell yourself, the less you concentrate and tighten up, the better you'll play...and just play the thing like you know how and allow yourself to make some small mistakes and have fun
lastly, you dont need to jump but move around a little make eye contact with the crowd
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Practice the song until you can play it without thinking, practice jumping around without jumping on your lead, falling off the stage or looking like a retard and you'll be fine.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Personally, if you can play well standing in one spot, I'd tell them to bugger off. It's not about jumping around and looking like a ninny - it's about playing well and sounding good. I went and saw the Eagles a couple of years ago and that was something they mentioned during the show - that people commented that they didn't do all the running around and the crazy stuff on-stage. Their answer was that they weren't going to do that. And you know what? Their playing is so spectacular, that they don't need to do that garbage. If your playing is good enough that it can stand on its own, I'd say don't worry about what your audience says.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Personally, if you can play well standing in one spot, I'd tell them to bugger off. It's not about jumping around and looking like a ninny - it's about playing well and sounding good.

+ 1

It's also about being yourself. Offer what you have to offer.... don't be fake and try to be like someone else.
shred is gaudy music