Ive been playing for a while now on the same amp, and it has a very distinct "white noise" or fuzz while im not playing, is there anyway of eliminating this?
noise gate/surpressor or whatever you want to call it. Its a simple stompbox pedal that eliminates any unwanted noise. Some one to check out are the boss ns-2, and the isp decimator.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I use a Decimator in front of my amp and a NS-2 through the loop.
My half stack is DEAD quiet. You don't even know my amp is on until I hit the strings and it scares the s**t out of anyone in the room. (or house)
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Its a rather cheap guitar, its a fender squire strat on a laney hardcore amp, not exactly the most elaborate setup, i was just curious if it was the guitar or the amp, and if there was some kind of quick fix. I'll look into the noise surpressor thanks :-P
Quote by jeffofknight
Its a rather cheap guitar, its a fender squire strat on a laney hardcore amp, not exactly the most elaborate setup, i was just curious if it was the guitar or the amp, and if there was some kind of quick fix. I'll look into the noise surpressor thanks :-P

Till you get that surpressor, turn your gain down. The electronics on that strat tend to be noisy out of the box.
Some things you could do to the guitar are open it up and line the entire control and pickup cavitys with some metal tape (the kind you should see in a patch on the back of the pickguard around the control pots). Also, borrow an outlet tester from someone to make sure your house and the outlet in use has proper grounding.