Hi folk hope every1 had a good Xmas! ;p

Anyway getting to the point........I got a keyboard 4 xmas and have watched a few lessons on youtube and started learning "Imagine" by John Lennon. I was just wondering if any of you guys could suggest some good songs to play at begginer level?

Cheers and have a Happy New Year!!!!!

haha
Fur Elise
that is the only one I know. takes a while to get the 2 handedness together but once you do you'll fly through this piece.
Videotape - Radiohead, that will help get your 2 hands working together.
Jump (intro) - Van Halen, that will help your right hand chord changes.
Before you start learning anything learn the notes on the keyboard if you haven't already.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Some of the keyboard books out there are really good, look for ones that either have the notation if you can read it or the song words with the chords written above them.
Also look for ones which give you the chord shapes as well, then you'll learn how to move those about and get the invertions =).

As for songs, i suggest...
Walk Of Life - Dire Straits
Sunny Afternoon - Kinks
Some of The Who's stuff
Mr Blue Sky - ELO

The first song i learned on keyboard was Annie's Song, i think, because it was easy and the notes were written on it :P
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
the beatles - yesterday
green day - wake me up when september ends
green day - boulevard of broken dreams
the titanic theme song - my heart will go on
jacky's knive
go down moses

and so on :p

if you need a website with music sheets just pm me :p
Beer is fine.
Quote by quAck91
the beatles - yesterday
green day - wake me up when september ends
green day - boulevard of broken dreams
the titanic theme song - my heart will go on
jacky's knive
go down moses

and so on :p

if you need a website with music sheets just pm me :p

Do you think you can find me the music sheet to Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence? I can't find it anywhere!
It's by Ryuichi Sakamoto
in the end - linkin park

dont even like that song

but i know its easy

my mate was playing it during our music class haha
Quote by GaijinFoot
Do you think you can find me the music sheet to Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence? I can't find it anywhere!
It's by Ryuichi Sakamoto

sorry cant find it x(
Beer is fine.
Some stuff by Wilco might be good, from their 'A Ghost is Born' album. Maybe Hummingbird, thats a pretty good song that uses the keyboard almost exclusively.
Quote by GaijinFoot
Fur Elise
that is the only one I know. takes a while to get the 2 handedness together but once you do you'll fly through this piece.

Yeah thats totally a beginners song...

Start with some easy folk songs ( twinkle twinkle little star, micheal row the boat ashore etc) to get used to playing with both hands. After you manage a couple of those i would try Minuet in G from Bach, and also start learning about scales and chords.
Quote by blueriver
Yeah thats totally a beginners song...

Start with some easy folk songs ( twinkle twinkle little star, micheal row the boat ashore etc) to get used to playing with both hands. After you manage a couple of those i would try Minuet in G from Bach, and also start learning about scales and chords.

I genuinely thought it was. it's the first song I ever learnt and I don't consider myself a player of these instruments at all.
Quote by GaijinFoot
I genuinely thought it was. it's the first song I ever learnt and I don't consider myself a player of these instruments at all.

I was thinking beginner as in having no knowledge of how to play the piano.
If Fur Elise is the first song you learned on piano you ought to continue playing piano >.>
Quote by blueriver
I was thinking beginner as in having no knowledge of how to play the piano.
If Fur Elise is the first song you learned on piano you ought to continue playing piano >.>

I guess it did take a few months to get down, it was for school. I probably should have continued just because it was good fun but you don't know what is good for you at that age.
In classical terms though I do think that is a beginners song.
Wish I could play La Campanella.
You're talking about the whole of Für Elise, right? Just checking. If so, you should definetly keep going!

On-topic: if you can read notes, I think you should get a song book for piano or something like that. Will probably last you a while and is way more fun to play rather than random songs with just small parts of it written for piano (since I saw some suggested).
Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

Don't be scared at the name "Beethoven". It's really simple to play and it's really deep.
Quote by YA89
Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

Don't be scared at the name "Beethoven". It's really simple to play and it's really deep.

Piano Sonata no.14 has three movements, and only the first could possibly be considered easy to play. Given the number of people who play the first movement terribly, I'd actually say it's not that easy at all.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Pop songs are not popular beginner songs. Most beginners learn from very easy beginner books with songs you've never heard of called stuff like "The Farmer's Wife" or "In The Tub" More popular beginner songs would be Chopsticks and Heart and Soul. You can buy the sheet music for most popular pop songs, but they may not be very easy. You can buy Fake books that have very easy notes in them but the songs will not sound very full. It will sound like you're plucking out the melody for the most part.

If you are unsure of what's popular, check out your favorite radio station website for their top list or look at the Billboard top 100.

houston piano lessons