I haven't really checked out his music, but there's a review for the album Sheik Yerbouti on the homepage. I read it, but I didn't don't understand.

What is it about Frank Zappa that makes him such a genius? What is it that makes him so influential?

I'm not putting the man down, because I've never listened to his stuff, but no one ever gives a clear cut reason WHY he's so good.

It's gotta be the facial hair.
[neat signature]
He did away with all conventions in "Pop" music.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
There is a huge Zappa thread in which you may find the answer to your query. Happy reading
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Let's see...

He's probably one of the most diverse artists ever, from doo-wop to jazz to modern classical to dance, he pretty much went everywhere. He delivered biting social commentary, was against censorship, could play a mean guitar, could write good songs, and helped develop psychedelic music (despite taking no drugs and despising hippies).

What more could you want?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
Let's see...

He's probably one of the most diverse artists ever, from doo-wop to jazz to modern classical to dance, he pretty much went everywhere. He delivered biting social commentary, was against censorship, could play a mean guitar, could write good songs, and helped develop psychedelic music (despite taking no drugs and despising hippies).

What more could you want?

hahaha well said.