Long story short: My computer sucks. I want it to run and play games faster. But the catch is I know NOTHING about computers. Ive upgraded my computer only once before, and it was a new graphics card. It did exactly what I want.
Ok, so basically, how do I pull up my computers specs to show you how bad my computer is?
And what do I need to buy to fix it?
When did you first get your computer?

If you got it more than 4 years ago you're pretty much going to have to buy a new PC if you want it to play recent games.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
When did you first get your computer?

If you got it more than 4 years ago you're pretty much going to have to buy a new PC if you want it to play recent games.

Computer is 4ish years old. The update was 2 years ago.
New computer is not in my budget.
Right click on My Computer icon on Sart or Desktop and click properties.

list the RAM amount, and the CPU
with the money you will spend updating aa 4 year old computer, it would be easier, and more cost effective in the long run to buy a new one
Ive had my computer for about 5 years now, and i added some more RAM and a cheap new Graphics card to it last year and it plays games a lot better.

there is a site (i forget which one, is it the corsair site?) that scans your computer and tells you what mobo you have, your ram and such. its pretty helpful.
Gibson Les Paul + Orange Tiny Terror = Sex
You can either:
a) Buy some more RAM, and maybe a new graphics card depending on what one yours is and what games you want to play. It really just depends what you have right now.
b) Buy a whole new computer since they are pretty cheap right now.
c) Put it in the Large Hadron Collider and hope for the best.

I think a combo of options b and c would be the best.
Click start , click run. Type in "cmd.exe" without the quotation marks, and then type in "systeminfo" without the quotation marks and press enter.

Copypasta in here.

If you are thinking about upgrading, you should go into the Official Computer thread, and post your budget, and some of us will post the best components for a custom PC for your budget, then you can take them to a store and get the store to build it all for you using all your parts.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
You're only as fast as your slowest component.

Download CPU-Z from Google for motherboard and CPU/RAM info and GPU-Z for info on your graphics card. Gimmie printscreens on the CPU, Mainboard & Memory tabs of CPU-Z and just the Graphics Card of GPU-Z

My guess is you'll need a new computer.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by Yngwi3
You're only as fast as your slowest component.

+1. Most people overlook the hard drive and go for size rather than speed and cache, If you want a mega quick PC you need files able to be read off as quickly as possible. (Allthough, yes, same goes for RAM since it's loaded into there)

Allthough, in your case I highly doubt Hard disc speed will make a difference, i was just backing up what he said.
you will probs need a new PC

if not get a RAM upgrade
and a cheap graphics card

make sure your processor can handle it though.

im guessing your processor is pretty old as well. no point in upgrading though, you are better of buying new computer.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by Strider7
Long story short: My computer sucks. I want it to run and play games faster. But the catch is I know NOTHING about computers. Ive upgraded my computer only once before, and it was a new graphics card. It did exactly what I want.
Ok, so basically, how do I pull up my computers specs to show you how bad my computer is?
And what do I need to buy to fix it?

wow. let's be thankful you don't write murder mysteries for a living.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Pull up a terminal, and type 'sudo lshw'.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Quote by untalented

...?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by untalented

What?

80th best UGer