Hi there. I am interested in buying a new halfstack and cant decide between two. Price isnt an issue, but weight is. since i'm in korea with the US Army i can only have packages shipped that weigh less than 70 pounds. so i've found 2 on guitarcenter that look good but also fit my weight requirments.

A little bit about me. I play anything from rock to metal. i love a warm clean, and a crunchy OD. My guitar is a Gibson SG Robot, and for effects i'm running a Boss ME-50

The 2 amps i'm looking at are:

Crate FlexWave Series FW120HS 120W 4x12 Half Stack
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack

any feedback will be helpful and thanks in advance
peavy classic 30 or 50

idk about the weight though

and if you want heavy get an OD pedal

hope it helps
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You don't need a half stack, end of.

Tube combos are louder than solidstate half stacks, so volume is no reason to pick one.
Cant anyone just give me a review on the two to help me decide? i didnt ask for other suggestions. i just want an opinion of the two....
Gear:
Gibson SG Robot
Boss Me-50
Raven RG60

Want:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100 Full Stack
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
Quote by racerokc
Cant anyone just give me a review on the two to help me decide? i didnt ask for other suggestions. i just want an opinion of the two....

hate to break it to you, but both of those amps are pieces of crap, and unless you want to regret this amp choice in a matter of weeks, you should listen to us.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by racerokc

We gave you an opinion: They both suck and sound like crap. Heaven forbid you be the slightest bit grateful that we're attempting to steer you away from a potentially bad decision. With either of those amps, sure you'll get decent volume, but you'll never get the exact tones you want out of it.
just accept that both of those amps suck, these cats know their stuff so it would be wise not to anger them
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by aradroxar
just accept that both of those amps suck, these cats know their stuff so it would be wise not to anger them

Anger us and we will call Trogdor and Castratikron on your ass
Quote by racerokc

They both suck. They may look cool, and possibly make good footstools. Other then that, they're not worth the packaging they came with. (Okay, the crate is better than that, but not a lot)

What is your budget?
Style?

etc.
Quote by JilaX^
They both suck. They may look cool, and possibly make good footstools. Other then that, they're not worth the packaging they came with. (Okay, the crate is better than that, but not a lot)

What is your budget?
Style?

etc.

The MG would catch fire or break if you tried to use it as a footstool.

If you really must have one of those two, then probably the Crate because at least it's a bit more solid than an MG, but there are loads of amps that are better for the money.

If you have something against tubes and/or combos, look into a Randall half stack. If you just didn't realise, look into a Randall RG50TC or maybe a B-52.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I agree with others here. They speak the truth. I'm just gonna say it once, niether amp is acceptable by any means, you will be throroughly fvcked if you buy either. Try to find a tube amp of some sort, peavey, fender, etc. Blackhearts are amazing.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
They are both terrible amps, especially the marshall. get a tube combo and it will go twice as loud as both of those. but the crate out of those 2 even though they are shiiiit amps.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.