Thoughts?

Good or bad?

When is it useful?(Funk, slapping, jonas brothers, heavy metal, you get the idea)
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
I dont like tweeters, but i could live with a horn in a 4x10. But im a 15" man and i like them plain.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Captain Insano
Bad when using overdrive, fuzz, distortion. Good pretty much the rest of the time.

this.

they do feedback a bit.

but the tone benefit is very worth it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Captain Insano
Bad when using overdrive, fuzz, distortion. Good pretty much the rest of the time.

Yeah, I kinda notice this. It gets pretty fuzzy when I'm using a standard overdrive. A shame, as the Ashdown sounds pretty darn good all the time I'm not using it.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by the humanity
this.

they do feedback a bit.

but the tone benefit is very worth it.

tone benefit?
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by grifff
Increased high end response.

exactly what I meant. just like you need a big old sub to get real low end, you need a little tweeter to feel the totality of the slides and scrapes and even the fret buzz, I always buzz when I check out an amp, if you do it in a consistent fashion it gives you a really great check on the quality of the tweeter.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
exactly what I meant. just like you need a big old sub to get real low end, you need a little tweeter to feel the totality of the slides and scrapes and even the fret buzz, I always buzz when I check out an amp, if you do it in a consistent fashion it gives you a really great check on the quality of the tweeter.

I'm not sure if I want the fret buzz... but the slides and scrapes make sense.

I was trying to see if it made a difference with the slapping and popping, but I couldn't tell, maybe I'm just deaf to anything at a higher frequency that the G string on the bass guitar.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Quote by algemar
I'm not sure if I want the fret buzz... but the slides and scrapes make sense.

I was trying to see if it made a difference with the slapping and popping, but I couldn't tell, maybe I'm just deaf to anything at a higher frequency that the G string on the bass guitar.

use the fret buzz to test it.

don't implement it in your music.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

But yet i feel i can get enough high end with out horns and tweeters, the rig im biulding, might contain 1 horn with a varible thingy booby, so i can turn it off. Its down to personnal preference.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Captain Insano

I actually like it with overdrive on. With my Fulltone, it doesn't get harsh on the ears, but makes those upper end harmonics really come through clearly. Especially now I am blending my signal (got a Barge Concepts VBF-2 from Santa ), that tweeter helps to modernise what is a very classic overdrive sound.

If you don't like the sound of a tweeter with a gain pedal, a lot of them come with a tone knob/Eq for a reason. Just roll of that high end if it bothers you.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Ya but then again whats the point in having tweeter\horn, when you could get a cab with better speakers, better quality.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Ya but then again whats the point in having tweeter\horn, when you could get a cab with better speakers, better quality.

Speakers will not cover the upper frequencies that a horn/tweeter will, HF units were not used until the popularity of round wounds over flat wounds took place.

I was fitting HF units into my cabs myself in the 70s once I started using Round Wounds.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
i dont like tweeters my amp has one and it buzzes a lot, but it might just be the amp.
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
I'd like to point out that when you say high end in the context of a tweeter, you're talking about 2KHz or so...basses don't usually go above 1KHz. The tweeter is really only for amplifying the upper harmonics, which will generally give a much brighter sound.
Nope, no sig here.