I bought an Ibanez RGR 320 EXR recently and I discovered it had some EMG's called IBZ's. I've looke around the internet but couldn't find anything. Any idea what they are?
The stock pickups are Designed by EMG but are passive.
More like HZs than the active EMGs more people are familiar with.
WTF, the people at American Musical Supply said "Active Pickups". That doesn't make any sense. The whole reason I bought the guitar was the pickups and bridge. Are the damn things any good?
It's definitely passive.

They don't sound like actives, I'm sorry. Have you ever heard EMG actives?

And if you bought the guitar for Emg-designed Ibanez (IBZ) pickups and an Edge III trem, I recommend you return it, because EMG passive pickups aren't very good and the Edge III is pretty crappy.
because it plays brilliantly, its damn good in performance wise, yes the trem is crappy but it could be worse.What I wanna know is why the hell American Musical Supply lied about the **** and if I could sue to get them to put in some actives. I need actives for the stuff that I play. To be honest, I don't like EMG, I would much rather prefer Seymour Duncan Blackouts.
GOD how old are you TS???
12 ????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by guitarprodigy14
I need actives for the stuff that I play.

No you don't 'need' actives. You said before that you think they sound just like actives. You only started complaining when you found out they weren't active.
Well of course I did, thats because I don't want passive, and the fact of the matter is is that I don't want to spend my money that I saved up for ****ing ever to get something that I didn't want. I would LIKE to have some actives because I want a cleaner tone, more sustain, and a cleaner sounding guitar, without needing a pedal.
TS - you have a digital modelling amp, a POD and a Boss Metal Zone.

You don't need active pickups.

more to the point...

Quote by guitarprodigy14
They sound just like Actives.what the hell

If they sound "just like actives" then what, exactly, is the problem?

Quit whining and grow up, you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by guitarprodigy14
because it plays brilliantly, its damn good in performance wise, yes the trem is crappy but it could be worse.What I wanna know is why the hell American Musical Supply lied about the **** and if I could sue to get them to put in some actives. I need actives for the stuff that I play. To be honest, I don't like EMG, I would much rather prefer Seymour Duncan Blackouts.

You can't sue them to put actives in because they didn't specify a particular model. You can say they misrepresented you when they made the contract by inducing you to believe that those particular pickups were actives, when they weren't. So...you can get the contract rescinded, get your money back...
*sigh* Yeah i guess your right. Grow up.lol thanks people. But what I mean about a cleaner sound is the sound not being "edgey" while your playing fast. they do help, i've tried em. But the EMG's just give more bang for the buck. Lets put it at this, they sound better, period.
Quote by guitarprodigy14
*sigh* Yeah i guess your right. Grow up.lol thanks people. But what I mean about a cleaner sound is the sound not being "edgey" while your playing fast. they do help, i've tried em. But the EMG's just give more bang for the buck. Lets put it at this, they sound better, period.

I don't get it, you SAID they sounded just like actives, so what is the problem here? I don't see how EMGs are "bang for the buck" pickups at all...
ok this is what is great to me about em',

1. They aren't as fuzzy as my old pickups

2. I can hit harmonics better

and 3. better sound through amp
OK, So get yourself a set and see that we're right. Through a solid state modeller, and a solid state modelling pedal the higher output of actives will make very little difference. You may get a slightly rounder clean tone, but that's really it.