Page 1 of 3
Does anyone else find these to be amazing? I don't know what it is, but they always make songs better for me.

Some sweet examples are

Our Illuminated Tomb by Sculptured which has the whole monologue from 1984 at the end
Space-Dye Vest by Dream Theater which uses a large amount of samples that help create the atmosphere

Discuss.
Post your favorites.

Etc.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
This yuletide is, mad chicken.

The one at the end of Embodiment is the Purest Form of Horror is great too.
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Dec 28, 2008,
Cathedral - Hopkins.

SHE'S RIDDEN TO THE SABBATH!!! *DUUUNNNNN* SHE'S MADE LOVE TO THE DEVIL!!! *DUUUNNNN* SHE'S A WITCH!!!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dminishedthingy

The one at the end of Embodiment is the Purest Form of Horror is great too.

Definitely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQlQgzRyBfY
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
What about the cinematic style clips in lots of power and folk metal?

Not actually from films, but sounding like they are.

Example: Nightfall in Middle-Earth by Blind Guardian.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
What was the film Arch Enemy sampled as an intro to Rise of the Tyrant?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eZUfUL3hPhk

Sounds pretty interesting.

Sodom used Robert Duvall's "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" from Apocalypse Now in Napalm in the Morning.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Atlantean Kodex - The Hidden Folk
Cathedral - Voodoo Fire
Electric Wizard - I, The Witchfinder
The Puritan - Those Who Sow In Tears Shall Reap In Joy
Cryptopsy - Orgiastic Disembowelment

Off the top of my head

Summoning - Mirdautas Vras actually use samples from Lord Of The Rings to make the music sound like it is, as they sample horns, chants, marching sounds and stuff from the movies
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Mortician has some good ones from classic horror films that I find to be very suiting for the music.

These kind of samples are great and does often creates a specific mood to the music. I would use them myself, but I'm afraid of getting sued, and raped in the butt by movie companies.
There are a lot of good ones, but film samples overall I think are really overused in metal. They are also annoying when they last more than a maybe 10-15 seconds.
I hate the sample at the end of Orgiastic Disembowelment, I think it ruins the whole feel of the song, and is an awful way to end the album.
Sounds like something dead-fish would say.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Lots of stuff on Inquisition - Into The Infernal Regions of The Ancient cult, I think they are old 60's horror stuff, but I wouldnt have a clue what the names of them are.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Maybe Cryptopsy- Crown of Horns/ Orgiastic Disembowelment?

The band "F*CK OFF AND DIE" has a ton of them in the "Anti All" album.
Anaal Nathrakh - The Destroying Angel
A couple of Mastodon songs and CC songs have cool film samples.

What's the song korina quoted from?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Lol, funnily enough I'm listening to Blood Freak right now
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
"Well gentlemen, a great deal of money has been invested in this project and we can't allow it to fail." SYL- Oh My Effing God

I swear that's Peter Sellers and I have a gut feeling that it's from Dr. Strangelove, but someone prove me wrong.
Praise The Name Of Satan by Akercocke has a cool sample
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by Firenze
Anaal Nathrakh - The Destroying Angel
A couple of Mastodon songs and CC songs have cool film samples.

What's the song korina quoted from?

mutha****in Wizard in Black by Electric Wizard. Great opening. Great song.

Does anyone know if the sample that starts out Tampon Lollipops by Skinless is from an actual movie or is it just some random **** they made up?
I do like them, they help develop the song theme a little more, or perhaps just put a different angle on it.

The only one I can think of right now is in an Esoteric song, from the most unexpected movie too...

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
In the Nevermore song "Next In Line," there's a sample from Jacob's Ladder. They sampled the part where they're trying to get the guy into the bathtub and he screams "Stop it, you're killing me!"

Personally, I'd like to sample the line "'Oh my god, what happened to your eyes?' 'Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see,'" from the film Event Horizon. With the right music it could be pretty appropriate.
Electric Wizard are fucking awesome. I can't believe I never listened to them before this...
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Electric Wizard were one of the first metal bands I got into. I just looked into them because I thought they had a cool name, and ended up loving them

Funeropolis= masterpiece.
Downloading the discography now
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Ahahaha, all of their stuff is pretty gold, but "let us prey" is a bit lacking compared to their other stuff. Anyways, funeropolis+zombie movies= joy
I'll check it all out
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Phill-Rock
Sounds like something dead-fish would say.

Your tone implies that I didn't actually say it...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
i like the kataklysm ones, although when i think watch the movies again i end up humming the songs after the line is said, particularly in Man on Fire.

Not technically a film sample but the "crazy area 51 guy" on Planetary Duality I, is pretty sweet
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by Psychopathology
MH, have you seen the movie the band is named after?

I went and ordered that movie from Something Weird as soon as I heard the band... been one of my favourite movies for 5 years now
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by webbtje
"Well gentlemen, a great deal of money has been invested in this project and we can't allow it to fail." SYL- Oh My Effing God

I swear that's Peter Sellers and I have a gut feeling that it's from Dr. Strangelove, but someone prove me wrong.

I can't prove you wrong, but I can tell you you're wrong.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Anaal Nathrakh have a Blackadder sample somewhere on Eschaton, that is just genius.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Page 1 of 3