I was playing some sweeps that were lame as hell so what can I use to stop string vibrations on the strings when i accidentally hit them. I was using paper before but it makes like weird harmonics and stuff lawl.

anyone?
I once saw Synyster Gates with a scarf tied near the nut, so the strings don't vibrate (at least I think that's what it was for)
Kleenex. Flatten it out, slide it up next to the nut, then push it so that it bunches up under the strings. Mutes them nicely, but mutes are no substitute for practicing good technique.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
hairbands (elastic bands)
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by Woozye
I once saw Synyster Gates with a scarf tied near the nut, so the strings don't vibrate (at least I think that's what it was for)

Haha he probably thinks it just looks cool, but yeah, this sounds like it could work, maybe try something like, a magazine type paper, but then, you would need something soft to absorb the sound, like a fabric. So, i would try some fabric, the cheapest and most logical one to work would probably be fleece. This is inexpensive, and comes in cool patterns, so you don't look like an idiot with it on there. Or wait, never mind, you're gonna look like an idiot with anything taped to your guitar. But, don't worry, because once you start sweeping they'll be mesmerized and won't pay any attention to your fleece pattern
I'm Luke.
i've heard socks work, i have yet to try it though
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
People put bobbles/scrunchies over the first fret. However, doing that, you'll lose access to any open strings, so I'd spend half an hour a day perfecting sweeps so you don't hit any strings, that way. After a couple of weeks/months or however long you're gonna be learning them, you'll be fine at doing them
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Learn how to play better. When ur at a gig u can't call an intermission cause u need to put tissues under ur srtings!
I'm not sure if this would work, just a random thought, but what if you put a capo on down where the bridge is? This probably won't work, and I don't have my capo with me to try it out, but if anyone does give it a try, please let me know
I'm Luke.
how about practicing not being sloppy with your sweeps because if u got used to them sounding good with sloppy playing you would always have to have tissue under your strings or it would sound horrible
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
Oh, I know of something that works wonders for this kind of thing:

TECHNIQUE.

If you can't play sweeps well then you need to practice more and that's it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i been sweeping for like 2 years just not well i can 3 5 and 6 string sweep just sloppy as hell
Quote by nefootball80
i been sweeping for like 2 years just not well i can 3 5 and 6 string sweep just sloppy as hell

Then you can't sweep. Needs more practice and that's the end of it.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by nefootball80

Just because you've been sweeping for 2 years doesn't mean your technique can't be better. If it's sloppy, work on it not being sloppy. Slow it down and practise it, and see where you're going wrong. Then, get it right, and build it up to speed. Trust me, it would be for the best.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
you know as much as I asked for asshole comments; i didn't

i asked how to keep the strings from vibrating.

At the Z man.
Quote by nefootball80
you know as much as I asked for asshole comments; i didn't

i asked how to keep the strings from vibrating.

Technique. Learn to mute the strings properly.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEnzboW0Hc

Watch, learn and get back to the woodshed.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.