So ive been playing guitar for about 6 months and have been getting very good. When i first started playing my teacher basically got me to master power chords and alternate picking to start off since i wanted to play basically just metal. But now im kinda stuck in this Metallica type stage cuz thats basically all i play. Im lookin for something thats more bluesy cuz i can play the petatonic scales fast up and down i just dont have anything to make em sound good u know? So im looking for some band ideas for stuff like that
Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Muddy Waters, Jimi Hendrix are all great blues/bluesy players. If you are up for a challange, you can try Eric Johnson, he does alot of pentatonic stuff.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
dude i used to b doin the exact same thing as u, with knowing all Metallica n stuff, but then my guitar teacher started just finding sum sick metal songs with pentatonic solos (ther r a lot of them) and instead of actually learning the solo, hed make a backing track of the solo rythm section and hav me create my own solos over it. now i can impress all my frends by just playin sum sweet improvised pentatonic solos instead of having to memorize one that sumbody else wrote