Yea, yea. Another n00b guitarist asking advice.

But, anyway, I'm an intermediate player with capable skills in the guitar. However, my main drawback is that I just can't I haven't been able to learn many songs during my year and a half involvement in the music scene. The only songs I seem to have mastered (or "completed") are Iron Man, which is my fist song, ( 'cept for the middle of the solo and outro) and House of the Rising Sun. ( who hasn't learned it?) And ... the song I created all by myself. ^_^
I guess I can say that I'm more of "make your own songs" guy. But I thought that if I can't learn other peoples songs then I won't be able to make more of my own songs because of the technique blah, blah blah...

Yeaaahh and my problem is ... what techniques do you guys you learn your songs?
And my progress is ridiculously slow... (Solution I guess is to find other people more skilled, right?)
Last edited by AsherKetchum at Dec 28, 2008,
i learned the hammer on and pull-offs, timing, bending, power chords. all that junk.
Quote by voleurz
stick it in the butt and pee
Quote by TDG Tabs
i learned the hammer on and pull-offs, timing, bending, power chords. all that junk.

I got all that down solid. o_o
I am where you are now I guess. I know a lot of riffs/solos/intros etc but almost no full songs. I guess it's lack of concentration. I'm now trying to just focus on one song at a time.

I got all that down solid. o_o

well, so do i, but im haveing trouble with pull offs lol.
Quote by voleurz
stick it in the butt and pee
Last edited by TDG Tabs at Dec 28, 2008,
thats wierd (no offense) but ive been playing for like 6 months? and every song ive learned so far are all the way through (except for the occasional impossible solo).
very rarely do i sit down and learn a song anymore, i just write my own stuff nowadays.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by SLCdragons102
thats wierd (no offense) but ive been playing for like 6 months? and every song ive learned so far are all the way through (except for the occasional impossible solo).

yea ... Clapton took awhile to learn guitar too. You better than Clapton?
Anyway, there really are people like.
Human skills are inconsistent soo ... it's not how fast you learn but how you play well you play it in the end.
Quote by gudinge

I am where you are now I guess. I know a lot of riffs/solos/intros etc but almost no full songs. I guess it's lack of concentration. I'm now trying to just focus on one song at a time.

I have someone who understands! Cool!
Hmmmm I hate looking at tabs too. I learn them by ear. Its slow at first but after alot of practice I find it quicker than reading =] Although sometimes you have to look at a tab to get a tricky part. But Try it. It works for me =]