Here I have some questions about guitar tricks and pedal and things:

- Is there a simple way to augment playing speed?
- What type of pedal should I get first (i got a lot of cheapo effects on my amp)?
- I saw there was a video of Stairway to heaven solo on UG and it was very helpful, is there any other video of not so hard solo that i could learn?
- Back to the pedal, whats the use of a wah pedal (i know its to do wah sound by debalancing the EQ) exept putting wah on every sound I know, what could i do with a wah?
- (I forgot the last one)

So yea that about it. . . any help would be appreciate.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
you should get a distortion pedal first..i would recommend a boss..Wah can be used to increase treble and bass frequencies.. also to make the wah sound..it can also be used to give the "wah" sound..Kirk Hammett uses it for the frequency boost..like in Fade To Black..for the solos, he hit the wah..but didnt rock it, so it was left in the "up" position
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by Geezus
Is there a simple way to augment playing speed?

Sadly, no. Speed is a by-product of accuracy. Accuracy is the result of playing slow enough. therefor:

playing slow enough to get the technique you want with a high class of accuracy. then try increasing your speed with the help of a metronome,

It is not magic. Michael Angelo Batio, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, Michael Romeo and Steve Vai always give this advice: you have to be able to play slow to play fast.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
for alternate picking speed, get yourself a metronome and play

e---------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4--
B-----------------------------------------1-2-3-4------------
G-------------------------------1-2-3-4----------------------
D---------------------1-2-3-4--------------------------------
A-----------1-2-3-4------------------------------------------
E-1-2-3-4----------------------------------------------------

and then play go back down, then move it up a fret and do it again. a lot.
Yeah i agree a Boss Distortion will do you good to start with i'd go with the DS-1 if you don't want anything to techical even though its just distortion
i got disto on my amp but do i need a disto pedal?

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
btw thx for the help

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
about the pedal - whenever you're getting a pedal, get it because you want to make a sound, not just to get a pedal.

standard pedals:
Boss DS-1 or DS-2 for distortion
Dunlop Crybaby for wah
mxr phase 90 for phaser
and pretty much anything else you want is made by boss, or danelectro for less money and low quality

since you have distortion in the amp, you may not need a distortion pedal, unless you want more distortion - in that case, i'd put the amp on clean channel and get yourself a Boss MT-2, or an electroharmonix Metal Muff
Last edited by phawley42 at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by Geezus
i got disto on my amp but do i need a disto pedal?

no..you dont need a pedal..you can get one if you want..but its up to you ,if you prefer your amp distortion over a pedal's..dont get a pedal..i would get a channel switcher if you dont have one so you can go from clean to distorted
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by Geezus

- Back to the pedal, whats the use of a wah pedal (i know its to do wah sound by debalancing the EQ) .

there are TONS of things you can do with a wah. im preferable of rocking it very slowly in time with a song to achieve a controlled flange type effect.