K sorry if this is the wrong thread and yes I've used search but anyway if it is wrong please move. Anyway here it goes,

When writing a song, can it be written in tab etc. or must it bein classical music notes?

just eat 27 chalupas with fire sauce the day before you meet em then when they try something **** your pants

Gear List:
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire Sp-10
It can go both ways, but it's better of notating it if you know how to. That way you can also include rhythmic durations, dynamics, etc.
Ofcourse you can write in tab - if its for use in a band or something. If its a composition for a music class you'd probably need to use proper notation, or if its a composition to be played by anything but a guitarist/bassist.
It doesn't matter how you notate it, as long as it makes sense to you. That is until you want other people to read it and be able to play it.
Quote by michal23
It doesn't matter how you notate it, as long as it makes sense to you. That is until you want other people to read it and be able to play it.

Just what I was thinking.
Quote by one vision
Proper notation is the only way.

The ONLY way.

Sarcastic post is sarcastic.

It doesn't matter. Whatever works for you. However, if you want others to be able to perform it, I'd suggest standard notation for it.
As a sort of middle ground you can write TAB with standard notation note stalks, a la Power Tab Editor. I reccomend you have a crack at putting in into PTE as it can convert your TAB into standard notation
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Sarcastic post is sarcastic.

But seriously, TS. Why do you think it's called "standard notation"? Because it's the standard.

I joke. But if you want other people to be able to perform it, write it in standard notation.