I'm completely set on getting either a Jackson SL3 Soloist or DK2S Dinky.

I like the sustainer system on the DK2S, very useful, imo.

I'm leaning towards the Dinky, because first, it's a high-quality Bolt-on, which is in my opinion, just as good as a Neck-through. Can anyone clarify on that?

Next thing, this is probably what'll make me choose, is the Tremolo system. The Dinky has a Floyd Rose® Licensed Jackson® Low Profile JT580 LP double-locking 2-Point Tremolo, which I've heard fairly good things about, but the liscensed is bugging me. Anyone know how good/bad this trem is? The SL3 has a Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Tremolo, which I presume is double-locking, but I've never heard of it. Is it a liscensed FR? Is it an Original, of some sort? Quality?

Thanks for the help, in advance.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
IDK about the trems as I'm not a big fan of them. They are useful once in a while but cause too much trouble IMO. I would probably take the Dinky. Sustainers FTW!

Just a quick question though, why are you buying a new guitar if your amp crapped out on you?
Quote by ortrigger
IDK about the trems as I'm not a big fan of them. They are useful once in a while but cause too much trouble IMO. I would probably take the Dinky. Sustainers FTW!

Just a quick question though, why are you buying a new guitar if your amp crapped out on you?

Sorry about the late reply, but I'm getting a Valveking next saturday (Was supposed to yesterday, but couldn't due to weather), and I'll be getting the guitar in a few months.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I'd get the dinky. IMO Most licensed tremolos are as good as an OFR.
Plus, Sustainers are Ultra Win
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
^ah, I see. The other good thing about sustainers are that at the beginning of a gig you don't have to deafen yourself to get that cool feedback sound.
The difference in neck joint types is negligible as long as they are built properly.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Well,I own the DK2S and I have to say it's a rock solid guitar.Nice neck,beautiful finish,decent trem,and good stock pickups.The sustainer is pretty kick ass as well.I've managed to squeeze a lot of different tones out of it ranging from near acoustic cleans to death metal and so on.I'd go for the DK and spend the extra money on some upgrades for other parts of your rig.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.