I just restrung my guitar and plugged it in the amp and there was no sound. The only sound i got was when i turned it up really high. Then i tried with another cable. Then i tried a different amp. Does anybody no what happened? Thanks!!!
Is it possible you turned down the volume knob? This may sound stupid but I've done the same thing. If that's not it, maybe something happened to the pickups.
Input Jack of your guitar might be loose
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
check input jack, volume, and if that doesnt work, than something came lose on the pick up

edit: try using the different pick ups. it might just be the neck or bridge and not the other
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Maybe the guitar has a problem from the inside. If you open it up you can see that the end of the cable touches on another piece of metal inside your guitar(if i remember correctly). Maybe it has a prob over there. Nothing to worry about. Take it to a guitar tech and it would be fine
if you only got sound by turning up the amp really loud, then you have a large amount of signal loss. this points most likely to a problem with the pickups.

it would help if we could have some information on the guitar in question. what year? brand? make? any post-purchase body or electronic work?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by FenixFunk
wut kinda strings you using boy?

it wouldn't matter if your guitar string was 1/4" it would still make a sound so his strings isn't the problem.
I can't think of the name, but there is a tool that tells you if there is an electric current. I have one, and it worked for me. Just touch it to the pickup, and it will tell you if they are working
I'm Luke.
Quote by xphrygianx
it wouldn't matter if your guitar string was 1/4" it would still make a sound so his strings isn't the problem.

Maybe FenixFunk was worried the guy's fitted it with nylon strings or something...which probably would result in a very small signal getting to the amp

Assuming it isn't just the wires to the input jack coming unsoldered, it might be a dodgy pickup or selector switch.

Without more information about the guitar as requested, no-one can help...
Quote by Jhachey22
if you only got sound by turning up the amp really loud, then you have a large amount of signal loss. this points most likely to a problem with the pickups.

it would help if we could have some information on the guitar in question. what year? brand? make? any post-purchase body or electronic work?

This.

check this.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011