so, i got tired of all the trouble that comes with a floyd rose, and i figured, im gonna master the standard trem.
any suggestions?
R.I.P DIMEBAG.
errrr.....

it's just like the floyd, but only goes one way.

just use it i guess
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
you cant do divebombs like you can on floyds, you can do smaller divebombs, just not those huge eardrum raping drops
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
you cant do divebombs like you can on floyds, you can do smaller divebombs, just not those huge eardrum raping drops

this. and you have to tune a lot more.
well, for a while i was doing the thing where you just detune the string, like jake e. lee, and you put it back in place, i got pretty good at it. the only thing im worried about is keeping in tune.
R.I.P DIMEBAG.
floyd roses arent trouble if you learn how to use it... its not that hard. unless you've really really really ****ed it up
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Not that much to know, it's really simple.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
The standard trem? What trem. Almost all trems are Floyd Rose types (or Edge, which are FL types themselves) unless you mean Strat like trems? Or a Bigsby, lol.

Ehh. Tell me more
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Personally, I think all the hassle that you go through with a Floyd Rose is better than a standard trem. Once you get a Floyd Rose setup, you hardly ever have to tune it. With a regular trem, you're going to have to tune pretty much every time you use it. It's really annoying, especially if you play live a lot.
+1 if you block the floyd rose in the forward position as well. That way you eliminate all the set up hassle and can still divebomb
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This thread is full of ridiculous-ness.

A vintage trem can go up and down. Mine does, on my American Strat, baby!
yes I was going to point that out actually. However thats only if its loose enough in the springs
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.