WOAH. Why was I not informed before? I thought strings had zero influence on tone, that it was all pickups and amps? These sound amazing. Please tell me it's permanent, and doesn't wear off in a week or something? :3
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
it does wear off
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
i thought you were upset by this. lulz. strings do alot. different gauges and all that cool sh!t. i use ernie ball. so i cant really say. sorry.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Sorries, it DOES wear off.

And I did tell you b4. You just werent listening
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

It wears off, but Elixers will last longer than other stings.
It wears off, but even without the coating they blow away most other strings and last long as hell. Enjoy em', we may pay a premium for them, but it's well worth it.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I didn't like these strings because of the way I pick I guess the coating on them came off like plastic shavings all over the place and my pick kept falling in that "groove" on the string I wore into it. Long story short, pass on Elixers. They ain't all that. You'll get sick of them. I promise.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I didn't like these strings because of the way I pick I guess the coating on them came off like plastic shavings all over the place and my pick kept falling in that "groove" on the string I wore into it. Long story short, pass on Elixers. They ain't all that. You'll get sick of them. I promise.

You're promise has been broken preemptively by all three of my guitars strung with them.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Elixers are great sounding...for now. For some reason, my G string keep breaking when I buy Elixers. Then I bought D' Addario strings and didn't break until about 2 months.

I think Elixers sound great at first, then it starts to wear off, then the string breaks.
Quote by necrosis1193
You're promise has been broken preemptively by all three of my guitars strung with them.

It's cool man. I will more than gladly admit it could very well be my wacked out picking style. I abuse strings like no other.
You think they have good tone?...lol, they are the worst strings I have ever used. I was not able to get any good harmonics between the 2nd and 3rd fret on any string. I took them off after 3 days and put the Drs on, back were the sweet harmonics and pinches. The coating kills the harmonics (the natural tone harmonics also) and comes off seriously effecting tone. The strings feel nice and that fools alot of people into thinking they sound nice. Not worth the price.
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 28, 2008,
Elixers are the longest lasting strings on the market.
So actually you are saving money by buying them.

Tone is subjective tho so naturally some don't like them. Personally I don't like them on my electric, but they sound great on my acoustic.

Again, strings are all personal preference sound wise, but the longetivity of Elixers is indisputable.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
elixers are overpriced. They don't last as long as DR's in my opinion, and DRs are half the price. I use ernie balls now because i restring once every 2 weeks and they offer gauge sets i like. Ernie balls also happen to be the shortest lasting string (tonally) but whatever.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
If your the 50% who dont break elixers constantly then they will work for you. But if they break alot then you will want to find a different brand.