Ok so this is a scratch track from my band recorded with two overheads and a kick mic. most of you probably don't like this music, but listen to the melodies, especially at the end. the lead guitar is a little quieter than me, but yea anyway, tell me what you all think of our the tone too. excuse the sloppiness, especially the hilariously obvious **** up in the bridge haha

http://media.putfile.com/Matahari-Astronomer-and-Widower
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
My opinion is going to be a little biased as i really dont like punk music. I really enjoyed the riff around 2 05 it was really cool and really took away from the punk aspect of the song. All in all it was cool for what it was...
The most talented man on earth...
I thought the intro to the song was really interesting but I wasn't really a huge fan of the transition at 1:20. However, there were some riffs that soon followed that made up for it, especially around 1:58. It had a somewhat funky feel, which I really dig. Again at 2:41, I wasn't really feeling the transition; it seemed like there was a certain groove going which wasn't allowed to develop more. I thought the dissonance around 3:20 or so was pretty damn sweet. Nice job!
Right here we go. Intro a good melody. Very nice. Transition not too bad, it would be great live! But for the studio, really needs a professional touch. Good riffs throughout the song, complemented by drums and bass. I would like to hear the drums and bass MUCH more in the mix. Guitar is fine. Drums is inaudable, but they should really be just as loud as guitar, if not louder on the snare/bass drum hits. So a professional drum recording will make with 10 times better. Rhyme is REALLY important in songs like this.

What are your recording methods?

Needs vocals.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033671
Orophin
this was really just a scratch track, we only used 2 overheads and a kick. the drums definitely need improvement i agree, and the transitions are still being worked out. our guitarist uses adobe audition to record. he gets a seriously nice sound he has great preamps and mic's. i will be sure to post the finished product. thanks for the comments.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Sound quality isn't bad considering the way it's recorded.

The little melody lines are pretty cool. I don't like the repeating chord slams in the background, though. Drumming is a tad boring, but it's alright.

Don't like the tempo change much, it sounds like one of your guitarists is playing out of key, or maybe its on purpose or whatever. I guess there are no vocals?

This is alright, it's not terribly original, but it has cool parts. The part at 2 minutes is pretty cool.
im gonna bump this because we have new recordings of this song

one with and one without vocals

It isn't as tight as the previous recording because we have a new drummer but he is way more tasteful and we still have to work out some transitions, but you can hear new melodic ideas and the guitars are tighter.

the vocals came out ok, it was his first time ever recording vocals and he couldn't hear himself so i think they came out pretty good with that in my. newer stuff will be better though.

both songs are in my profile

ps: the vocal less track would be better for critiquing the instrumentals.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Last edited by pmeg568c at Feb 27, 2009,
It was pretty good I'm in a Punk band myself but our music is at opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm into bands like Lagwagon, No use for a Name, Nofx and stuff like that, but I still liked it. I'm no into that kind of vocal style but it was alot better than all out screaming. It reminded me of some Propagandhi stuff like **** the border, those are the songs I don't usually listen to by progagndhi but sounding anything like propgandhi is a complement in my opinion. The guitar tone was ok it was a little bit to dark and kinda muddy but it wasnt bad. Getting a good guitar tone recording on a low budget setup or out of a cheap PA is extremely hard, so don't really worry about that to much. I liked the music there was a couple things where I was thinking it would be cool to do this part like this instead of that but like I said although we both like punk were on different sides of the spectrum musically. So keep it up and things will only sound better overall it was a pretty decent song.

If you don't mind criting one of my songs I'd like to hear what you think about it?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077476