Just bought a new guitar (Washburn WI66V) off Ebay, is used. Once it arrived, I played it and it felt godly. It still plays godly, just like butter. Among the many gigging causalities it suffered (Scratches, etc), i also has a really bad one where the fretboard is coming off of the neck at the 1st fret notably on the low E string, but its also coming off at the other side. If I push, I can get the fretboard back into the position it should be, meaning I can get it touching the neck. But once I let go, it pops out again.
Pics:
At the low E side:

At the high E side:

So is this an irreparable problem? Or is there something I can do?

Hope you can see the pics, and hope you can help.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Id take the strings off, squirt some wood glue in there, then clamp the fretboard to the neck. But I'd wait to see what others say about it.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Quote by AgresiveNapkins
Id take the strings off, squirt some wood glue in there, then clamp the fretboard to the neck. But I'd wait to see what others say about it.

definitely take those strings off before it gets any more ****ed up. I'd take it to a shop, just because I don't like messing around with stuff like that, but i think wood glue could work
Also, does anybody know what can cause this? I'm thinking maybe the previous owner accidentally smashed it into a wall or something...But could it be something else? I.e., the nut, the tremolo tailpiece?
Hitting the guitar off something is probably what caused it like you said. However it could be that the guitar is very old (which doesn't seem like the case) and the wood has warped. Also, if it goes from a very humid area to a very dry area or vise versa it can cause warping without the need of much aging. Being left in a humid area for a very long period of time can cause it but it would be rare because it would have to have been put together poorly.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I'm pretty sure its not a headstock issue, cause around where its coming off, the coating is chipped, indicating a hit against a wall or doorway or something.

@Above: I'm positive its not a humidity issue. All of England is wet. :P

So can I just glue it back and clamp it, or would it be better to take it into a tech and see what they think?
I would take it to a guitar tech and see if he can do it for you for cheap. If he charges more than you think is reasonable then just take it home, squirt some wood glue in the cracks and clamp it up. The only problem I can see with doing it yourself may be asthetically it may be a bit messy if you dont whipe up the excess glue that seeps out.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Ah, thanks for the help. Much appreciated.