ok does anyone know what the compressor pedal does, i know it compresses the sound but what the hell does that do.
And whats up with flanger, rotary and phaser they all sound the same to me and i doubt i will ever use them. i know they have there little difference but theyre so useless in my opinion!!
Quote by nahutabnahutab
And whats up with flanger, rotary and phaser they all sound the same to me and i doubt i will ever use them. i know they have there little difference but theyre so useless in my opinion!!

Don't buy them then.
what efect do you use ?
The bigest diference is in the pover chords
well, if you think those pedals are useless just don't use them.. d'oh
and a compressors evens out the volume. if the signal is low it amplifies it a bit, and when it's high it 'compresses' it a bit.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
if you use a multi efect try to set the gain like 6 out of 9 and listend to the same tune
I neaderd like 2 weaks to figure out which one is for what buts its useful if you nead it
A compressor pedal can make your guitar sound extra clean, and it levels out the volume levels to reduce the attack, so you can have a clean sound without a painfully bright "twang". An example of a compressor in action is "Another Brick in the Wall pt 2." by Pink Floyd.

A rotary, phaser and flanger sound similar, but different. You can tell them apart when you hear them. The flanger is the most intense: it produces a wooshing sound, rather than the sweeping sound of a phaser. A rotary speaker produces a sort of flucutating chorus sound, like Hendrix' "Little Wing".
A compressor helps to keep your guitar's signal within a certain range. It will boost the signal when it's low in volume and trim it when it's high. They can be especially useful when recording to iron out uneveness in your playing and keeping everything at a uniform volume. As for the others they can add all kinds of cool variety to your sound. As Punkable says, if you don't like them don't buy them