what are your needs from a program like that? do you need the drum machine features or the synths?
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Reason is GREAT for soft synths. It's a hefty investment if you only use it a few times. I learned that the hard way lol.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Mostly depends what you are gonna use it for, but remember that Reason doesn't support VSTs (unless propellerhead added it recently, I haven't really been paying much attention to them lately) so you wouldn't be able to add new synths to it, although I hear the synths in Reason are pretty good on their own.
I just want something that can do a little bit of everything and is versitle. Im a begginer at recording and guitar also
you cant record live instruments with reason.

great for composing stuff though. Synths sound amazing and the drums work pretty darn well too. Great for trance/techno/dandb/hiphop and what not. Rock music can be done as well, but its harder.

-Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
you cant record live instruments with reason.

great for composing stuff though. Synths sound amazing and the drums work pretty darn well too. Great for trance/techno/dandb/hiphop and what not. Rock music can be done as well, but its harder.

-Ryan

You can record live instruments with Reason. It's not as good as SONAR or Cubase, but it's doable.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Really?
I did not know that.
Care to enlighten a friend on how to do this. I could use that info for sure.
Thanks in advance.

-Ryan
Im certain you cant record audio into Reason,
and i'm running version 4.

great program but definatly not versatile.
I'm out of town, but I'll be home tomorrow evening and I'll put a quick little tutorial here in the thread.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
The program is meant for very easy production of music, mainly soft synths. Has amazing Sound Designing tools, and pretty neat samplers. It "CANNOT" record audio, only midi. You Can Import Audio into the program for use with a sampler, but that's it.

With reason you have full control of the signal path and can basically do anything with the audio coming out of a synth. Want 20 distortions on one sound, you can do that.
^Thats what I thought.
If you can / if someone knows how to record audio input post it. That would be kinda cool, and very usefull.

Reason is amazing with soft synths. Great for composing techno and that sort of genre however, not amazing for rock (guitars that come with it are rather bland). Everything has amazing customizability though and can suit most needs.

-Ryan