when i record my audip technica at 3035 mic through my presonus inspire, there is a great deal of clicking, how do you fix this?
Turn off your metronome!

BAM!

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by krazykxrider
very funny

tee hee.

Hmm what type of clicking. Is it like a random crackle or like a constant click?

I have no idea, but it might give someone else a better idea.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
k im using reaper and i went to options-preferences- buffer and it says media buffer 1200 ms which is the defualt. and theres a bunch of other options so what do i do
ok i went to both extremes and didnt seem to notice a difference, what else is there to do?
there brand new, and i dont think its the cables cuz both my 1/4 guitar and my xlr mic click/ crackle
I get this when I open a project that uses something other than my interface, make sure you have the right inputs and outputs selected.
try setting you latency... if it's to low it'll crack also
You like it
I have a similer problem.
I just got a line 6 toneport ux2 for christmas, and for some reason, it clips about every 2 seconds for a fraction of a second. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the clicky clippy whitenoise sound? And its not a physical click, only audio

EDIT: I tried changing the buffer, every setting it was still there
I don't have wireless internet
Then I looked in the trouble shooting guide, and did every thing it said to and still no luck.

There are 2 things that I couldn't find, or that I couldn't change.
1)How do I check the RPM. It says I need 7200RPM. I have a ton of music on this computer, and I have a bunch of different softwares. And my brothers have a bunch of games. Does this effect the RPM?

2)It says not to use a USB hub. All my actual ports are broken (my computer over heated so now the screen and ports don't work) Im using a monitor and usb hubs to make up for it. Would using a USB hub be the source of all my problems?

Thanks
Last edited by mepmep at Dec 31, 2008,
my latency is set to 10m/s which is the defualt, is that too low? and ill try turning of my wireless internet
heres an audio sample of the clicking, listen to the whole song, it doesnt do it until like 30- 40 seconds in