I was wondering if the mesa boogie f-30 combo amp was good for a good heavy metal sound. Bands I like are metallica, avenged sevenfold, pantera,and bullet for my valentine.
yea they are very great amps
you also should try the peavey 5150/6505, 5150 II/6505+ cuz i know that bmfv uses them
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
im not a huge fan of mesa F and express series for metal. how much is the one your looking at? i wanna see if theres anything better i can recommend
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by hootman6string
I was wondering if the mesa boogie f-30 combo amp was good for a good heavy metal sound. Bands I like are metallica, avenged sevenfold, pantera,and bullet for my valentine.

No. You should buy a Line 6 Spider III. It has 600 presets, so you can get pretty much any sound, except the one your looking for!!!

On a serious note...

mesa boogie = win

You can't go wrong with that amp.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
im not a huge fan of mesa F and express series for metal. how much is the one your looking at? i wanna see if theres anything better i can recommend

The Express series sounds completely different from the F series...
f series were pretty much high gain metal amps, the express series is geared much more at the classic rock/blues crowd.