Alright so...sooner or later here im getting a line 6 combo amp... but theres a few things i don't understand.
1) I know voltage is like the power and stuff. But is it JUST loudness? Does that mean the more voltage there is, the louder you can get without distorting it?
2)What does the amperage determine?
3) Whats the difference between 1X12 and 2X12 ?
Quote by mudrock1000
Alright so...sooner or later here im getting a line 6 combo amp... but theres a few things i don't understand.
1) I know voltage is like the power and stuff. But is it JUST loudness? Does that mean the more voltage there is, the louder you can get without distorting it?
2)What does the amperage determine?
3) Whats the difference between 1X12 and 2X12 ?

Voltage is power, I think you mean Wattage. Wattage determines how loud your amp is. Amperage is the amount of electricity flowing through the amp at any given time, and 1x12 and 2x12 are just measurements of how big the thing is.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Wattage is the power, which is the biggest contributor to volume. However, other things come into play as well.

You're probably gonna get a bunch of crap for getting a Line 6 amp. I have one myself, and don't really like it. It just doesn't sound great. The cleans aren't terrible, but the gain is just bad. Look at other amps. Tell us which one you were looking at so we can determine your price range and recommend a better amp for the price.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I'd suggest you get a Vox Valvetronix. Beats out any Line 6, except MAYBE their Valve series.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Voltage is power, I think you mean Wattage. Wattage determines how loud your amp is. Amperage is the amount of electricity flowing through the amp at any given time, and 1x12 and 2x12 are just measurements of how big the thing is.

Wattage =/= how loud your amp is.

There are other factors way more important here. E.g. a tube amp of 15 W will be more than or around twice as loud as a 15W or 30W SS amplifier.

1x12 = 1 12" Speaker.