Page 1 of 3
I need money- desperately. Otherwise, I'm going to be homeless in 2 weeks, and no-one wants that, do they? Job hunting is fruitless, and I'm really running out of options.

So, here's the brainwave- to keep me ticking for this month so I can actually get something sorted, I've thought of doing a sponsored Rick Roll. In other words, I have to listen to Never Gonna Give You Up on repeat for 24 hours, and people sponsor me to do it.

Good idea?
Have fun with that...
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
I'd advise you to keep looking for a job instead of creating some sort of pay-for-view guantanamo bay show.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by seljer
get a proper job you bum

Yeah, you try doing that when you're a 19 year old in a credit-crunched London. I've been trying job centre, gumtree, bulletin boards, agencies, calling places... nothing.
no, not a good idea really. Do something worth money like something that I currently don't have an example of. Do that.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Mabey?

do you like that song?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Brilliant plan!

...Except nobody would sponsor you. Better luck next year.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Of course job hunting is fruitless, it's the middle of the winter. You have to wait for the summer if you want some good fruits like grapes, apples...

Sorry what was the question again?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It might work, but you better have a live feed going so your sponsors can see you when your ears start to bleed from awesome-overload.
Quote by boreamor
I do that everyday =/

lol wut?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Yeah, you try doing that when you're a 19 year old in a credit-crunched London. I've been trying job centre, gumtree, bulletin boards, agencies, calling places... nothing.

I can't imagine there are no jobs ANYWHERE in London. MacDonalds? Cleaner? Anything?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Of course I would. I'd do it all live from my bedsit!

And nope, not even those crappy jobs. I need £150 a week for my rent alone, and what's worse is that I'm starting work on a debut album with the band, and then we're touring- employers don't like that one bit.
And no, I'm not quitting my band for a job- I moved to London for my music.
Quote by seljer
get a proper job you bum

hey be a bit understanding here, douchebag.

umm you could try busking. find a busy spot with lots of people walking past. try to look friendly and play your heart out. if you can sing, even better.

you could try selling stuff, like your pc?

good luck!
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
1. Grab your instrument
2. get a fedora
3.go outside
4. place fedora on ground
5. Sit on chair/Ledge/Whatever
6.Play
7.?????
8.Profit!
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
Sell your computer and/or laptop
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
You need a busking license here in London!

And I need my laptop to find work and stay in touch with music-related peeps. And pictures of girls with their tits out.
Quote by Necr0maniac
hey be a bit understanding here, douchebag.

that doesn't mean "listening to rick astley on repeat for 24 hours idea" isn't a stupid idea
That's a terrible idea.

Seriously.

Just do whatever job you can find. If I was in the same situation, I'd do any job available, apart from maybe drug testing. There must be a vacancy somewhere. And if you're really desperate, ask your parents, provided they aren't in the same situation as you. I'm sure they don't want to see you out in the street. They'll support you.

Good luck. Just don't give up!

Also, why not try to sell something?
Quote by Aidy Damage
You need a busking license here in London!

And I need my laptop to find work and stay in touch with music-related peeps. And pictures of girls with their tits out.

haha i get ya man

but surely, the police arnt gonna ask for your busking license are they?

come on...

even if they do youl only get a caution or somthing.

i say go for it, if you see a policeman, run :P
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
why don't you hold a help a struggling musician show fundraiser
1.steal paper and print flyers
2.put on show
3.???
4.profit!
i mean
its simple
>_>
Dick+strings= owww
Hi, I'm Timik and I APPROVE of this idea. Did you get any response from sponsors or anything? If so, go for it! If not, try to work on it, it's a freakin' great idea. I've wondered of ways to get money before and THAT is a good one. You may very well reach the hall of fame of money making over internet, right next to the guy from Savetobby, if you can pull this one off with decent dough.

Good luck and keep us updated!
The army is exactly like Boys Scouts .... except Boys Scouts are supervised by adults.
This is like your 4th thread moaning about not having a job. Like people have said in the others, it's most likely down to your appearance. Yes, it's unfair, but it's true. You can either:

A:Cut your hair, wear respectable clothes, stop wearing make-up and try again
B: Do fuck all to help yourself and create more threads moaning about it

The choice is yours.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by sashki
That's a terrible idea.

Seriously.

Just do whatever job you can find. If I was in the same situation, I'd do any job available, apart from maybe drug testing. There must be a vacancy somewhere. And if you're really desperate, ask your parents, provided they aren't in the same situation as you. I'm sure they don't want to see you out in the street. They'll support you.

Good luck. Just don't give up!

Also, why not try to sell something?

I'd take a job if there was one available, and I've already sold every bit of gear that isn't an essential, my car, most of my clothes- everything. My Mum's a cancer patient, she can't work and she has my 3 younger brothers and my recovering alcoholic stepdad to look after, too- no money there, and no space or money for me at home.

Really is a crap situation- every available job is a secondary school teacher, or a senior management job.
Oh, and ffs stop ragging on at me about my appearance- my hair is BLACK now, I have a STUD in my nose and it's not even long.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by Timik
Hi, I'm Timik and I APPROVE of this idea. Did you get any response from sponsors or anything? If so, go for it! If not, try to work on it, it's a freakin' great idea. I've wondered of ways to get money before and THAT is a good one. You may very well reach the hall of fame of money making over internet, right next to the guy from Savetobby, if you can pull this one off with decent dough.

Good luck and keep us updated!

holy ****

i think you've had too much coffee Timik, its like half 12??
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
This is like your 4th thread moaning about not having a job. Like people have said in the others, it's most likely down to your appearance. Yes, it's unfair, but it's true. You can either:

A:Cut your hair, wear respectable clothes, stop wearing make-up and try again
B: Do fuck all to help yourself and create more threads moaning about it

The choice is yours.

This.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I had to cut my Samson like locks to gain employment (You get used to the impotence after a while) so excuse me if i feel you should suck it up and do the same. No way am I paying you money not to.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
dude it comes down to the fact that you need to live
it really doesnt look like you have a choice
your only real choices are you get a job
you sell your stuff to keep going (but thats temporary)
or you move somewhere else that might be cheaper
maybe a friends house

there is no quick scheme to get around this
the sooner you realise that the better

i hate to be so blunt but when it comes down to it
and you really think about it
thats just life and no matter what crazy dreams you have about music
you need somewhere to live and food and all that
and you need a job for all of that
as soon as you lose your house, you wont get a job
My hair isn't long- I just have a fringe! I look flashy because I'm in a band that looks flashy- we're just not making money from it right now. I came here to do what I love, not quit the band and get a job I hate.
A lot of people don't have money to give during said credit crunch so giving money to the poor little musician isn't going to be what most people want to do. That's how they'll see it.

No idea what else to suggest though so...
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I'd take a job if there was one available, and I've already sold every bit of gear that isn't an essential, my car, most of my clothes- everything. My Mum's a cancer patient, she can't work and she has my 3 younger brothers and my recovering alcoholic stepdad to look after, too- no money there, and no space or money for me at home.

Really is a crap situation- every available job is a secondary school teacher, or a senior management job.
Oh, and ffs stop ragging on at me about my appearance- my hair is BLACK now, I have a STUD in my nose and it's not even long.

Mate you could have a bit of ****ing biro on your hand with an address on and it'd still go down to some employers like a cup of cold sick.
You need money? There's ALWAYS a job if you look hard enough, mistake number one is you're looking on the bloody internet, it's London for Gods Sake, you dress up, shirt, tie and all that bollocks, you sort out your appearance (and throw down any ****ing attitude you may have and think like your employer would) and you walk into EVERYTHING THAT EMPLOYS PEOPLE with a stackload of CVs, and you had out like a mfer.

And maybe you spend less time moaning about it on the internet and actually get out there cause, tbh, no-body gives a toss if you listen to Rick Astley 'til you drown in your own piss and ****.

Oh, and Merry Christmas
lol aidy im now unemployed...just sold a motorbike + selling a laptop..
i just want pizza at the end of the day..
but im happy to work at mcdonalds..IMAGINE THE GREASE lol
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by AJ18
dude it comes down to the fact that you need to live
it really doesnt look like you have a choice
your only real choices are you get a job
you sell your stuff to keep going (but thats temporary)
or you move somewhere else that might be cheaper
maybe a friends house

there is no quick scheme to get around this
the sooner you realise that the better

i hate to be so blunt but when it comes down to it
and you really think about it
thats just life and no matter what crazy dreams you have about music
you need somewhere to live and food and all that
and you need a job for all of that
as soon as you lose your house, you wont get a job

Awesome poem, dude.
Quote by Aidy Damage
My hair isn't long- I just have a fringe! I look flashy because I'm in a band that looks flashy- we're just not making money from it right now. I came here to do what I love, not quit the band and get a job I hate.

Well, can't you make yourself look more formal outside the band?

Seriously, I don't think you're trying hard enough. Good luck, regardless.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I never once mentioned quitting your band. I just find it a bit sad you feel you have to look a certain way to fit into your band. Every time someone brings up the subject of your appearance you say 'It's for my band' - does it help you play better? Does it help you get more fans, or make more money?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Aidy Damage

Aidy no offence man, but your whole style intimidates people when it comes to a work environment.
Page 1 of 3