I've checked the painting and refinishing thread and for some reason I can't get a sunburst. I'm trying to use black and blue. I put one coat of blue, one coat of black over the blue (with template on) and then checked to see how it looked and there was just this big circle..

What am I doing wrong?

(First Refinishing tries so forgive me for teh noobness)
You need to spray a fine mist and build up gradually toward the outside edge. Sounds like it just went on too thick.
Well we're just using cans, since we can't really buy a paint gun at the moment, does that mean we just spray lighter?
you can use spray paint?
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
well for those who know how to help (No offense to those who don't) I finally just decided to do an all black, Ebony finish.

Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem
Just hold the can further away and dont spray so damn thick.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Coolguy alert!
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Just hold the can further away and dont spray so damn thick.

I tried that it just made it really difficult. I guess that's my fault for wanting something complicated when I have basic stuff huh lol.

Either way, Ebony les paul shouldn't be too bad =D
No chuckflan. Pros dont use a template. Template actually makes it more difficult. Put the guitar on a wide place and spray from out side towards wthe inside, from about 20 cm. Always paint from the outside to the inside. Its not very difficult and be very carefull