What are some good alternative rock guitar pedals?
I got a Boss MT-2, but i've been looking around and i dont think it can play alternative rock
I got a cheap-o Fender SP-10 amp and a Fender Princeton Reverb Amp
I got a Fender Starcaster guitar with good strings (I forget what kine)
Is there anyway to make it sound like Green Day or Forever the Sickest Kids or at least Trivium?

Chee'
erm...i hate to say it dude, but your pretty much screwed in terms of trying to get an authentic alt tone. you RLY need new gear (ie a new amp and a new guitar) before you can really start looking for pedals to get that tone.

sorry!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
New amp, get one
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Vintage-Reissue--65-Princeton-Reverb-Guitar-Combo-Amp-482325-i1401435.gc

0_0 he needs a new amp?

Edit: to answer your question, if your going after alt. rock I'd recommend the ProCo Rat(or Turbo Rat). Although Green Day is probably considered more punkish. Try out the rat or a Big Muff
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Dec 28, 2008,
TS' amp is great, what the hell are you talking about?

I would suggest a Keeley modded DS-1, a ProCo Rat or maybe an American Big Muff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Princeton Reverb is NOT the amp for those styles. That being said, but a Tubescreamer or two in front of it. Or a Krank distortion, or a ProCro Rat, or a DS-1...
Quote by shadow__666
TS' amp is great, what the hell are you talking about?

I would suggest a Keeley modded DS-1, a ProCo Rat or maybe an American Big Muff.

this
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Princeton Reverb is NOT the amp for those styles. That being said, but a Tubescreamer or two in front of it. Or a Krank distortion, or a ProCro Rat, or a DS-1...

My princeton reverb with my ts-808 is great for alternative. Granted the amp itself is totally clean, with a nice pedal nothing is really too hard

I recommend either a TS-808 or one of the blackstar valve pedals. Both great, but the blackstars have more gain (not that my TS hasn't got enough for my music...)
Digitech Bad Monkey is also good Tube Screamer-clone. It's cheap, but try it.. You'll be surprised..
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ 320 (Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz)
-Laney LC 30-II tube combo
-Yamaha C-40
-Suzuki steel string acoustic

+Lots of effect pedals and other crap..
Lol woops, i only read the part about the cheap practice amp
My bad
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
To TS, any particular guitarist's tone you're looking for? If so, you can use this website:

http://www.guitargeek.com/

EDIT: Before you search, none of those bands you mentioned are on there...
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.