i just got it for christmas, its not tuned and i cant get it tuned... most answering probably know the problem i have of where i unlock the end with the alen wrench... tune the E string then the A and so on... but then go back to the E and its out of tune... how am i supposed to tune the guitar..... and then tune it back down to drop D or drop C for different songs.... please help and no ugly comments... ive done plenty of research before posting and cant seem to find any useful information... help?!
Just get a professional to do it. When I bought my Ibanez, I had the people at the store tune it for me. Haven't had to tune it since. If you're wanting to go back and forth between tunings, a Floyd Rose style bridge isn't for you. I would get another guitar that is for a different tuning.
You obviously can't have done that much research. You can't just detune a floyd. You need to adjust the springs in the back.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
yeahh, i got an edge 3.... changing tunings isnt the easiest of things to do sucessfully............
just keep tuning it, it will get better as the strings get worn in a bit, i dont get why people get so many problems with tuning guitars with tremolos on, its not exactly rocket science.
ok, after trial and error and just messing with it, i got it in tune.... Now one reason i wanted the guitar is because there are very many good reviews, i wanted a tremelo for the effects, and i wanted a good metal guitar... i knew it wasnt goin to be easy to tune it down but i do know its possible.... The majority of the time i keep it in the standard tune, but i wanted to know how to do so for the off occasion i want to learn a song played in drop D....if anyone could explain or send a link to where i could do find out how
Theres no point using a Floyd if you change tunings alot. Its way too much hassle. If you really need to change tunings alot, get a hardtail guitar for drop tunings and use the one with the Floyd for standard.
That, or get a Tremol-no, then have it set up for standard, and block off the trem when you want to drop tune.
Quote by Ibanezguy22
ok, after trial and error and just messing with it, i got it in tune.... Now one reason i wanted the guitar is because there are very many good reviews, i wanted a tremelo for the effects, and i wanted a good metal guitar... i knew it wasnt goin to be easy to tune it down but i do know its possible.... The majority of the time i keep it in the standard tune, but i wanted to know how to do so for the off occasion i want to learn a song played in drop D....if anyone could explain or send a link to where i could do find out how

It's not that difficult, so dont worry. I cant remember exactly how close an Edge III is to my jacksons LFR but basically you unlock the nut, tune to the tuning you wanted, lock the nut, if your going lower the bridge will most likely be pitching backwards (up) so to correct this you take off the back plate, use a screw driver to tighten the springs up (clockwise to tighten I believe), replace the back plate and use the fine tuners to tune, if you can't tune with fine tuners unlock the nut and retune and your good to go. Would probably take anyone whos gotten some practice with it 5-10mins but I'm sure many people can do it faster.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
thx to those who attempted to help... as i said, 95% of the time i plan on playing in standard tune (love Steve Vai), but just wanted to know for the other 5% when i want something else...